Plans are coming together for the 2019 D23 Expo, the ultimate Disney fan event, taking place August 23-25 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Organizers have just revealed a roster of Disney Channel and Disney Junior stars and character appearances, as well as covetable limited edition items to snag on the show floor.
The show kicks off with Friday, August 23 sessions with the stars of live-action hits Just Roll with It and Raven’s Home in the afternoon.
On Saturday, August 24, fans can hop over to Stage 28 to catch a lively Q&A session with Amphibia voice stars Bill Farmer (Disney Legend), Amanda Leighton and Justin Felbeing and creator/executive producer Matt Braly, alongside Big City Greens cast member Marieve Heringont and Bob Joles and creators/EPs Chris and Shane Houghton — with special guest Kermit the Frog! Fans will also be able to meet and snap a pic with Bobby Moynihan and Toks Olagunoye from the Emmy Award-nominated DuckTales (5 p.m.) and live-action series Sydney to the Max and Coop & Cami Ask the World at the Walt Disney Television booth.
On Sunday, August 25, more special guests will be interacting with fans at the Disney TV booth, including the stars of the Emmy Award-nominated toon Big Hero 6 The Series (based on the Oscar-winning feature film) Genesis Rodriguez and Brooks Whelan at 9 a.m., as well as the stars of Disney Channel Original Movie Zombies and series Bunk’d.
Youngsters will also be excited to see two of their favorite characters come to life at the convention center, with appearances by Fancy Nancy (Fri. 9 a.m., Sat. 10 a.m., Sun. 3 p.m.) and Vampirina (Fri. 10 a.m., Sat. 9 a.m., Sun. 4 p.m.)
At D23 Expo, fans can also scoop up never-before-seen collections across three Disney-operated shops on the expo floor: ShopDisney.com | Disney Store, The Dream Store and Mickey’s of Glendale.
ShopDisney.com | Disney Store:
- Disney Designer Collection: Midnight Masquerade Series – The fan-favorite series returns with a new twist and features doll sets of Tiana and Naveen, Giselle and Edward, and Aurora and Phillip. Rapunzel, Belle, Meg, Cinderella, and Esmeralda will also be included. In addition to dolls, fans can pick up pin sets, stationery, mug and plate sets, and more
- Legacy Collection – This LE collection will celebrate anniversaries and milestones for some of the most beloved Disney characters and films, including Donald Duck 85th (plush, collectible pins, retro T-shirt, varsity jacket, hat, and more), Silly Symphony 90th (spirit jersey shirt, retro T-shirt, pins, and more), The Lion King 25th (plush, litho set, and more), The Little Mermaid 30th (journals, ornament sets, pins, apparel, dolls, and more)
- Disney•Pixar – Take home a LE “Talking Woody,” “Talking Jessie,” and “Talking Bullseye,” along with a LE plush set of Ellie and Carl in their “Adventure Book” and much more
- Backstage Collection – Go “Backstage” for a behind-the-scenes look into Disney•Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Walt Disney Animation Studios to celebrate the artistry, legends, and rich heritage of The Walt Disney Company. D23 Expo guests will be among the first to see and order the new Disney Backstage Collection subscription box, which celebrates the artistry of Disney through limited-release T-shirts, pins, and more, delivered to your doorstep in a custom-designed package. Also on offer: Walt Disney Animation Studios “Under the Hat”(LE Wreck-It Ralph Shadow Box, mug and sketchbook), Disney•Pixar “Under the Lamp” (Pixar campus hat, fleece, tiki crew mug and more), Lucasfilm “Behind the Force” (all-new crew jacket and hat along with a LE “Java the Hutt” T-shirt, mug, and more) and Marvel “Behind the Hero” (LE Black Panther Shadow Box, hat, and more).
- Mickey Mouse Shufflerz – Fans can extend their “Mickey Mouse Memories” collections with the new Mickey Mouse Shufflerz that highlight Mickey through the years — pressing the top of the figures 10 times causes them to “shuffle” along their way! Pick up the LE 13-pack or single figures.
The Dream Store:
- Dapper Dan’s – This collection features a “Dapper Dress” from Her Universe along with adult T-shirts, a Spirit Jersey shirt, pins, plush, Funko POP figures, and much more
- Mickey Balloons – Evoking the feeling you get as you stroll down Main Street, U.S.A., the Mickey Balloons lend their iconic look to an assortment that includes adult apparel, a Spirit Jersey shirt, skirt from Her Universe, hats, mugs, accessories, and more
- Official D23 Expo 2019 Gear – Swing by to grab official 2019 D23 Expo gear and apparel including T-shirts, a Lounge Fly mini-backpack, hat, pins, and more!
Mickey’s of Glendale:
- Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store – Mickey’s of Glendale will feature exclusive merchandise designed by Imagineers, including hats, T-shirts, accessories, and more. Additionally, Guests will have the opportunity to shop limited-edition collectibles celebrating Walt Disney Imagineering’s heritage.
- Attraction Quote T-Shirt Collection – An assortment of T-shirts that let fans celebrate the most iconic quotes from their favorite attractions through bold graphics.
- Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store – Disney pin enthusiasts will want to stop by the Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store, which will feature a large assortment of limited-edition pins.
Attendees can also head to “Uptown Disney” for an interactive shopping and photo experience, featuring merchandise available through shopDisney.com. In this booth on the showroom floor, fans can shop, snap photos with friends, and discover hidden surprises around every corner and magic in every step. Featured product includes the “Black Leather Collection” from Disney store China along with Marvel’s Iron Man MK50 Robot by UBTech, The Lion King Mighty Roar Simba from furReal, The Little Mermaid apparel and accessories, Toy Story 4 apparel from Fifth Sun, new Star Wars items, Mickey Mouse LEGO® Ideas Steamboat Willie set and the relaunch of the Minnie Mouse Dose of Colors collection.
Single day tickets for Friday and Sunday are still available (Saturday single day and three-day passes are sold out), find out more at D23Expo.com.