More in Festivals & Events
News Bytes: Marcel the Shell’s Movie Etiquette, Universal Bumps ‘Migration’, New ‘Paws of Fury’ Clips & More
Cinema’s most adorable mollusk is lending an extra special touch to Alamo Drafthouse screenings of Marcel the...
Festivals & Events
Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Brings ‘Totoro’ to Life for RSC Production
The U.K.’s Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) revealed that the esteemed craftspeople of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop...
Festivals & Events
Epic Games Launches Animation Week Celebrating Unreal Engine Storytelling
Epic Games today released the new Animation Field Guide, as part of its Animation Week kick...
- A Lot Can Happen in 35 Years! A look back at three and a half decades of TV’s rebels, goofballs and smart-ass kids.by Ray Richmond***This article originally appeared in the 35th Anniversary Issue of Animation Magazine (June-July ’22, No. 321)*** It was impossible to see it coming at the time, […]
- News Bytes: Raphael Saadiq Tunes Up ‘Moon Girl’, ‘Samurai Rabbit’ Renewed, ‘Duncanville’ Canceled & Moreby Mercedes MilliganThree-time Grammy winner Raphael Saadiq has been named executive music producer for Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, the highly anticipated animated series following […]
- Exclusive: Penner & Festa Talk About Their New Short ‘Dede and Sam’by Ramin ZahedActor/writer Jonathan Penner’s upcoming animated short Dede and Sam centers on the charming friendship between legendary wrestling star and actor Andre The Giant (André […]
- GKIDS Dates ‘Goodbye, Don Glees!’ Theatrical Outingsby Mercedes MilliganGKIDS announced today it will bring Goodbye, Don Glees! to cinemas nationwide this September. Produced by the acclaimed studio Madhouse, the film is the first […]
- ‘RWBY’ X ‘Justice League’ Movie Announced at RTXby Mercedes MilliganKicking off today, RTX Austin 2022 brings the Rooster Teeth community back together to celebrate the best in podcasting, gaming and animation, live and […]
- Exclusive: How Chris Williams’ ‘The Sea Beast’ Took to the High Seasby Rich Johnson***This article originally appeared in the 35th Anniversary Issue of Animation Magazine (June-July ’22, No. 321)*** Big Hero 6 director Chris Williams is no […]
- Exclusive: Director Masashi Ando on ‘The Deer King’ and the Lasting Appeal of 2D Animationby Ramin ZahedThe lushly animated fantasy The Deer King marks the feature directorial debut of Masashi Ando (co-director with Masayuki Miyaji), one of the most respected […]