Cartoon Forum has announced the nominees for the 2015 Cartoon d’Or as well as the companies vying for the 2015 Cartoon Tributes.
The six nominees for the Cartoon d’Or 2015 are:
- A Single Life by Job, Joris & Marieke, Netherlands, 2’15, prod: Job, Joris & Marieke
- Autumn Leaves by Carlos De Carvalho & Aude Danset, France, 10’30, prod: Je Regarde / Melting Productions / In Efecto
- Brothers in Arms by Cav Bøgelund, Denmark, 30’00, prod: Film Maker
- Coda by Alan Holly, Ireland, 9’00, prod: and maps and plans / The Irish Film Board / The Arts Council of Ireland / RTE
- I can’t wait by Claire Sichez, France, 5’00, prod: Les Films d’Ici 2 / La Station Animation
- The Bigger Picture by Daisy Jacobs, United Kingdom, 7’30, prod: Chris Hees / National Film and Television School
The jury was composed of producer Philippe Delarue (Futurikon, France), director Jan Bultheel (Tondo Films, Belgium) and producer Paul Young (Cartoon Saloon, Ireland). They have watched 31 films, which had won an award at one of Cartoon’s partner festivals and selected the six nominees.
The winner will receive a 10,000 euro grant, thanks to the support of Creative Europe – Media.
A total of 15 companies and personalities are among the nominees for the Cartoon Tributes, whose purpose is to reward outstanding achievements, companies or personalities that have had a positive and dynamic influence on TV animation industry over the last year.
Cartoon Tributes 2015 nominees are:
Broadcaster of the Year
- Cartoon Network (Europe)
- CBBC – BBC Children’s (United Kingdom)
- Estonian Television (Estonia)
- Hessischer Rundfunk (Germany)
- TF1 Unité Jeunesse (France)
Investor/Distributor of the Year
- Edel Kids (Germany)
- Entertainment One (United Kingdom)
- Jetpack Distribution (United Kingdom)
- PGS Entertainment (France)
- Superights (France)
Producer of the Year
- Gaumont Animation (France)
- GS Animation (Poland)
- Sixteen South (United Kingdom)
- Studio Film Bilder (Germany)
- Vivement Lundi ! (France)
Cartoon Forum runs Sept. 15-18 in Toulouse, France.