For nearly 20 years, the animago AWARD has been recognizing the best works in the fields of 3d animation & still, visual effects and visualization and will do so again with this year’s edition, the submissions deadline for which is June 30.
Submissions are reviewed by an expert jury, which nominates five projects for each category. The winner in each category is announced at the event, set for Oct. 15-16 in Potsdam-Babelsberg, Germany.
This year’s categories are:
- Best Still
- Best Postproduction
- Best Trailer/Opener
- Best Short
- Best Advertising Production
- Best Character
- Best Visualization
- Best Young Production
- Jury’s Prize
This year’s jury is comprised of:
- Guenter Hagedorn, Hamburg (Jury Board)
- Mirja Fuerst, DIGITAL PRODUCTION, Munich
- Michael Landgrebe, Celluloid VFX, Berlin
- Sinje Gebauer, Freelance Artist, Munich
- Florian Gellinger, RISE | Visual Effects Studios, Berlin
- Angela Kern, Games Academy, Berlin
- Alexander Ellendt, VOGELSÄNGER GmbH | Film, Dusseldorf
- Maggie Fischer, XXX
- Csaba Letay, Polynoid, Berlin
- Thomas Zauner, Scanline VFX, Munich
Elmar Giglinger has been invited to act as guest juror in 2015. Giglinger is managing director of the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, which has provided major financial backing for the animago since 2009.
For more information on submitting or attending the animago conference, visit the event’s website at www.animago.com.