The 27th World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb ended Saturday with an awards ceremony at Cinema Europa.
The full list of winners follows:
- Grand Prix: Nighthawk by Špela Čadež, produced by Finta Film, Radio-Television of Slovenia and Bonobostudio.
- The Golden Zagreb Award: Jonathan Vinel, for his film Martin Cries (France, AKA Productions).
- Zlatko Grgić Award: Amalimbo (Fasad, Fork Film Animation Studio, Film Väst) by Juan Pablo Libossart.
- Special Mentions: Sore Eyes For Infinity, by Elli Vuorinen; Orogenesis by Boris Labbé; Change by Jonathan Ostrem; Ugly by Nikita Diakur; Hedgehog’s Home by Eva Cvijanović.
- Grand Prix: The Red Turtle (France, Belgium Japan), by Michaël Dudok de Wit.
- Special Mentions: Louise by the Shore (France, Canada) by Jean-François Laguionie; and The Girl Without Hands (France) by Sébastien Laudenbach.
- Dušan Vukotić Award: Pussy by Renata Gąsiorowska, National Film School in Lodz, Poland.
- Special Mentions: Summer’s Puke is Winter’s Delight (Japan, Tama Art University) by Sawako Kabuki; My Father’s Room (South Korea, K’ARTS) by Nari Jang
- Best Film: Manivald by Chintis Lundgren, made by Estonian-Croatian-Canadian co-production (Chintis Lundgreni Animatsioonistuudio / Adriatic Animation / NFB)
- Special Mention: The Lasat Quest, by Božidar Trkulja, produced by Zagreb Film
- Special Mention for Best Minority Stake Croatian Film: Airport (Switzerland / Croatia, Schick Productions, Kinorama) by Michaela Müller.
- Best site-specific animation: The Drive to Work (Australia), by Paul Fletcher.
- Special Mention: The Climate (Croatia) by the art collective M_1300 consisting of Marita Stanić and Maja Blažek.
Films for Children
- Best Film: Leave a print (United Kingdom), by Christine Susanne Nerland.
- Special Mention: Odd is an Egg (Norway), by Kristin Ulseth
Mr. M Audience Awards
- Short film: Hedgehog’s Home, by Eva Cvijanović
- Feature: My Life as a Zucchini, by Claude Barras
The 28th World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb is scheduled for June 4-9, 2018.