The new Adult Swim On the Green is rollin’ down the West Coast and will be putting down stakes at San Diego Comic Con, where fans can soak up some rays by the bay and get transported into another dimension.
The experience will feature the exclusive world premiere of Rick and Morty’s Rickflector that will trans-portal melted minds directly into the animated world of Adult Swim’s Emmy-winning animated series. Celebrity-filled panels and free Meet and Greets featuring the stars, creators and producers from fan favorite shows Rick and Morty and Robot Chicken and Genndy Tartakovsky’s new series Primal put the channel’s mad geniuses right in your face. Plus, carnival activities, tons of giveaways, exclusive evening fan events, and live-streamed shenanigans from the stars of AdultSwim.com.
Fans can keep up with all the new games, old friends, delicious concessions with the help of a free hydration station provided by State Farm. State Farm ambassadors will be on site distributing water bottles and other necessities to lucky fans. Entrance is free for fans 18+ and is right behind the convention center at 5th Avenue Landing and Convention Way, Thursday through Saturday, with exciting fan programming each night.
SNICKERS is bringing the “Strong Man” high striker game to the Green, but instead of strength, fans will be testing their hunger symptoms. Whether they are “Hangry” or “Grumpy,” players will be awarded the satisfaction of a SNICKERS bar to relieve their hunger symptoms and power through the rest of the weekend.
On Friday night, Adult Swim and Doritos invite guests to show off their inspired creations at a costume contest. Cosplayers can come by the Green at 7 p.m. in their best Adult Swim themed looks and strut their stuff for a chance to win the Adult Swim Cosplay Cup, presented by Doritos.
Attendees and fans from far and wide will enjoy on-site live broadcasts of staple streaming shows including FishCenter presented by the WHOPPER sandwich from Burger King, Stupid Morning Bullshit and Williams Street Swap Shop. During special live streams of FishCenter, Burger King will take over the fish tank and host three WHOPPER O’Clock Coin Quest games – and who knows, there maybe be a royal guest who jumps in with WHOPPER coins providing fans an opportunity to gain extra points. Other celebrity guests will be stopping by throughout the convention to chat all weekend long. The streams will be live all-day Thursday through Saturday and fans stuck in long con lines (or at home) can watch anywhere live at AdultSwim.com.
The now infamous Nighttime on the Green after-hours fan experience will this year feature performances and exclusive content from Wham City, Anamanaguchi presented by State Farm, The Last Stream on the Left, Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Time, Robot Chicken courtesy of DORITOS, and Rick and Morty.
The world famous Rickmobile will be selling the most exclusive limited items C-137 has to offer, plus an Adult Swim Gift Shop at the green that will be filled to the brim with merchandise from a plethora of Adult Swim shows and Adult Swim Festival passes. Comic Con Badge required for purchase. Shop hours of operation are Thurs. 4-10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 12 noon-10 p.m.
New Rick and Morty goodies:
- Two Brand-New Funko Pop! Figures based on the upcoming fourth season. Featuring two new characters from the episodes slated to premiere this November, the Pop! figures retail for $15 each and be available at the Funko booth (5341). FYE and Gamestop will also serve as exclusive retailers while supplies last.
- Two Exclusive Symbiote Studios Pocket Mortys Plush: Underwear Jerry (“Time to show you who really wears the pants around here”) and Doofus Rick (a.k.a. Rick Sanchez of Dimension J19 Zeta 7). There will be a limited quantity of each 10” plush available for purchase exclusively at the Symbiote booth (2646)
- Cryptozoic Entertainment Limited-Edition Rick and Morty Trading Cards: Metallic Card Pack High-quality, metal trading cards resemble business cards for fan-favorite characters. Collectors will get three random Metallic Cards plus a top-secret fourth Metallic Card. Only 100 packs available at booth #115.
- Entertainment Earth Mr. Meeseeks Wooden Push Puppet – Cute and handy as can be, this Mr. Meeseeks is a 5-inch scale floppy puppet that collapses, moves, and stands up again when you push the hidden button on the bottom of the base! Designed in a vintage style reminiscent of traditional push puppets known as Wakouwa, it’s created from solid wood and features vivid artwork.
- Entertainment Earth Mr. Meeseeks Jack-in-the-Box – Turn the crank on this hilarious Rick and Morty Mr. Meeseeks Jack-in-the-Box and out he’ll pop! With a detailed plastic head and a fabric body, Mr. Meeseeks comes packed inside a retro tin jack-in-the-box that resembles Rick’s Meeseeks Box from the show. (SDCC debut – not exclusive)
- FYE – Exclusive Rick and Morty T-Shirt featuring two new characters from the upcoming season will be sold at the FYE Horton Plaza pop-up as well as in FYE stores, while supplies last.
- Oni Press – Rick and Morty Issue #52 (variant cover & story) and New Character Pin SDCC will be the first place for fans to purchase Rick and Morty: Issue #52, with a variant cover and story featuring one of the new characters from the upcoming fourth season, available for $3.99. And a pin from Ripple Junction, also featuring that same, new character, will be available for purchase for $15. Get both items at Booth #1833.
Adult Swim Schedule
THURSDAY JULY 18
4-10 p.m. Adult Swim On the Green 5th *games will close at 7 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Rick and Morty’s Rickflector
7:45 p.m. Adult Swim Nighttime on the Green Come see an ever-changing nightly experience that includes never-before-seen content from Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal and a collection of our favorite things you’ve probably never seen.
9 p.m. Anamanaguchi | Presented by State Farm Rock out with most bit-boppin’ electronic band Anamanaguchi LIVE on the Green.
FRIDAY JULY 19
12 noon-10 p.m. Adult Swim On the Green 5th *games will close at 7 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Rick and Morty’s Rickflector
6 p.m. Adult Swim Nighttime on the Green Don’t miss your chance to hear some truly horrifying stories from Last Stream on the Left hosts Ben Kissel, Marcus Parks and Henry Zebrowski.
7 p.m. – Adult Swim’s Cosplay Cup | Presented by Doritos Go to adultswim.com/streams for more information and to enter to win!
8:15 p.m. Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Time with Genndy Tartakovsky Q&A Come see never before seen content from Genny Tartakovsky’s Primal and stay for a Q&A with the creator!
9:15 p.m.– Robot Chicken | Presented by Doritos Come celebrate 10 seasons of Robot Chicken with the minds behind the madness!
PANEL BLOCK- Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
12-12:45 p.m. Robot Chicken It’s happening! Season 10 is upon us! To mark this historic occasion, Robot Chicken returns to SDCC ready to celebrate ten seasons of animated insanity! We’re talking teaser trailers, brand-new clips, and a panel comprised of RC creators and top-secret special guests! Co-creator and executive producer Matthew Senreich will be joined by executive producers/co-head writers Douglas Goldstein and Tom Root, actor/writer Breckin Meyer, writer/director Tom Sheppard, and wow! A special video message from Seth Green! Moderated by: Keith Crofford, senior vice president of production for Adult Swim.
1-1:45 p.m. Rick and Morty Wubba lubba dub dub! The Emmy Award-winning series Rick and Morty is back for a highly anticipated fourth season, premiering November on Adult Swim. Executive producers and co-creators Dan Harmon (Community) & Justin Roiland (Adventure Time), and voice talent Spencer Grammer (Greek), Sarah Chalke (Scrubs) and Chris Parnell (Archer) invite fans to take a look at what they have cooking for the new season. Moderated by: Rob Schrab (Creepshow, Community).
2-2:45 p.m. Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal The new animated series Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal, roars to life this year on Adult Swim. Please join creator Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack), art director Scott Wills (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Samurai Jack) and music composer Tyler Bates (Guardians of the Galaxy, Samurai Jack) for a first look at the new series.
SATURDAY JULY 20
12-10 p.m. Adult Swim On the Green *games will close at 7 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Rick and Morty’s Rickflector
6:45 p.m. Adult Swim Nighttime on the Green Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that is Wham City’s brand-new stage show. It’s the world premiere; don’t forget your tux.
7 p.m. Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Time Come see an ever-changing nightly experience that includes never-before-seen content from Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal and a collection of our favorite things you’ve probably never seen.
8 p.m. Rick and Morty Get your ticket early! The new season starts November 2019.
ADULT SWIM MEET AND GREETS Presented by SNICKERS
Adult Swim On the Green 5th Avenue Landing and Convention Way
11 a.m.-12 p.m. Rick and Morty Tickets
12:30-1:30 p.m. Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Tickets
2-3 p.m. Robot Chicken Tickets
SUNDAY JULY 21
9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Rick and Morty’s Rickflector