VIEW Conference 2019 has announced that Jill Culton, writer and director of DreamWorks Animation and Pearl Studio’s animated feature film Abominable will speak at this year’s October 21-25 conference in Turin, Italy. Culton was previously the writer and director for Open Season, development story supervisor for Monsters, Inc., and a character designer and story artist for Toy Story 2, among the 13 titles for which she has credit.
Abominable will be screened at VIEWFEST ahead of the conference. The film opens later this month in the U.S. and in early October in Italy.
Also joining a stellar list of previously announced speakers and workshop leaders will be three-time Oscar nominee Guy Williams, Weta Digital’s visual effects supervisor for Gemini Man, and Sidney Kombo-Kintombo, Weta Digital’s animation supervisor for Avengers: End Game; along with Pixomondo’s Sven Martin, visual effects supervisor for Game of Thrones; and BAFTA winner Henry LaBounta, senior art director and visual effects supervisor at Electronic Arts, who will present the studio’s latest game: Need for Speed: Heat.
“I feel proud that so many amazing directors, artists, and animators want to come to VIEW to present their work and lead workshops for our attendees this year,” says Conference Director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “I believe the program we have crafted for 2019 will be the deepest ever.”
Other recent additions to the VIEW Conference roster include:
- Robert Coddington, Animation Director at Insomniac Games for Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4.
- Juri Stanossek, VFX supervisor at Mackevision
- Heiko Burkardsmaier, VFX Exec Producer at Mackevision
- Michael Ralla, VFX Supervisor for Framestore
- Fabio Viola, game designer and TuoMuseo founder.
- Simone Favarin, digital transformation expert
- Antony Vitillo, AR/VR expert
- Simone Giampaolo, animation director, Aardman/Jellyfish Pictures
- David de Rooij, storyboard artist at Cartoon Network
- Theodore Ty, Head of Character Animation at L’Atelier Animation
- Moritz Schwind, Co-founder at Entagma
VIEW 2019 attendees will also see presentations from two-time Oscar winning director Brad Bird (Incredibles 2); three-time Oscar winner Rob Legato; Oscar-winning director Peter Ramsey (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse); Oscar-winning production designer Ralph Eggleston; two-time Oscar nominated director Dean DeBlois (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World); Palme d’Or nominee Conrad Vernon (The Addams Family); Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino; two-time Daytime Emmy Award winner Eric Darnell (COO, Baobab; director, Madagascar series); Oscar nominee Rob Bredow (SVP & executive creative director, ILM); Maureen Fan (CEO, Baobab Studios); Tom Wujec (tech pioneer, writer, consultant); CH Kim (CEO, PUBG); Daniel Kajfman (President, Weizmann Institute of Science).
View the full program and register online at www.viewconference.it.