The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has announced the nominations for the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2020. The awards ceremony on Sunday, February 2 will be held at the Royal Albert Hall in London, hosted by Graham Norton, and will be broadcast exclusively on BBC One and BBC One HD in the U.K. and in all major territories around the world.
Four movies are vying for the Animated Film prize:
- Frozen II (Disney) Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee, Peter Del Vecho
- Klaus (SPA Studios/Netflix) Sergio Pablos, Jinko Gotoh
- A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon (Aardman) Will Becher, Richard Phelan, Paul Kewley
- Toy Story 4 (Disney-Pixar) Josh Cooley, Mark Nielsen
The nominees for Special Visual Effects are:
- 1917 Greg Butler, Guillaume Rocheron, Dominic Tuohy
- Avengers: Endgame Dan Deleeuw, Dan Sudick
- The Irishman Leandro Estebecorena, Stephane Grabli, Pablo Helman
- The Lion King Andrew R. Jones, Robert Legato, Elliot Newman, Adam Valdez
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Roger Guyett, Paul Kavanagh, Neal Scanlan, Dominic Tuohy
And vying for British Short Animation honors are:
- Grandad Was a Romantic Maryam Mahajer
- In Her Boots Kathrin Steinbacher
- The Magic Boat Naaman Azhari, Lilia Laurel
A total of 39 feature films were recognized in the list; Joker received the most nominations with 11, followed by The Irishman and Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood (10) and 1917 (9).
See all nominees here.