The winners of the 2014 animago Awards for animation, visual effects, visualisation, game design and interactive media were announced Oct. 16 at a festive gala event in the Metropolis Hall at Filmpark Potsdam-Babelsberg, Germany.
Here are the winners:
- Best Postproduction: “Vaterfreuden – Frettchen” ScanlineVFX, Germany
- Best Game Design: “Ryse: Son of Rome” Crytek, Germany
- Best Short Film: “Cuerdas” Pedro Solís García, Spain
Best Visualization: “RedBull Formula1 Spielberg track introduction” Aixsponza, Peter Clausen Filmproduktion, Germany
- Best Advertising Production: “L’effet Papayon – La fashpomme victime” WIZZdesign, Unit Image, The Andy’s, France
- Best Interactive Production: “SimpSymm – Prozeduraler Skulpturengenerator” Christoph Bade, Dominik Kolb, Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten, Germany
- Best Trailer/Opener: “Assassin’s Creed Unity: E3 World Premier Cinematic” Digic Pictures, Hungary
- Jury’s Prize: “Azarkant” Andrey Klimov, Russia
- Best Young Production: “Wrapped” Roman Kaelin, Falko Paeper, Florian Wittmann, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Best Still: Reader’s Prize DIGITAL PRODUCTION: “Smoked” GV Prashanth, India
A total of 1,014 projects from 67 different nations were submitted for consideration as part of the 2014 animago competition. An independent jury comprising experts drawn from the areas of film, development and postproduction initially nominated 50 projects in ten categories (five in each category) and chose the final award-winning productions from among these nominees.