The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that 10 animated short films will advance in the voting process for the 87th Academy Awards, out of 58 qualifying films.
The 10 short listed films in alphabetical order:
- The Bigger Picture, Daisy Jacobs, director, and Christopher Hees, producer (National Film and Television School)
- Coda, Alan Holly, director (And Maps And Plans)
- The Dam Keeper, Robert Kondo and Dice Tsutsumi, directors (Tonko House)
- Duet, Glen Keane, director (Glen Keane Productions & ATAP)
- Feast, Patrick Osborne, director, and Kristina Reed, producer (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- Footprints, Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- Me and My Moulton, Torill Kove, director (Mikrofilm in co-production with the National Film Board of Canada)
- The Numberlys, William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg, directors (Moonbot Studios)
- A Single Life, Joris Oprins, director (Job, Joris & Marieke)
- Symphony No. 42, Réka Bucsi, director (Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest)
The Academy’s Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting at screenings held in New York and Los Angeles. Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the short list. Screenings will be held in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The Oscars ceremony will be telecast from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on February 22, 2015.