Brussels-based international non-profit animation association CARTOON is gearing up for another busy year of professional events across Europe in 2022. Having just closed a successful edition of Cartoon Business in Gran Canaria, the org announced a brand-new event and a fresh location for its up-and-coming talent pitch.
In these challenging times, the world of animation is evolving rapidly. In keeping with CARTOON’s mission to anticipate and answer the unique needs of the industry, the association announces the launch of CartoonNext — dedicated to laying out “the future of animation.” Taking place in the bustling port city cum audiovisual hub of Marseille, the new event will present three days of expertly curated panels exploring professionals’ visions for the business, craft and workflow of the future. The event will also spotlight promising project pitches from all over Europe, with a focus on a cross-media approach.
CartoonNext will expound on topics such as:
- What are the consequences of the last two years on the animation ecosystem (creation, production, distribution)?
- How do these consequences push for greater synergy with other industries (video games, publishing, live-action cinema)?
- How do new technologies shape the way you work from creation to distribution?
- How do new business structures influence the growth of your company?
- How can sustainability drive the development of your studio?
- How do emerging voices challenge industry habits?
Additionally, the association today announced that Cartoon Springboard, its event dedicated to the newest generation of toon talent, is relocating to Madrid in 2022. As both a city and a region, the Spanish capital is on the rise as a prominent actor in the European animation industry. The October event will once again aim to launch the careers of recent graduates with their first original concept pitch to potential partners, refined and delivered with the support of knowledgeable experts. Between 2015 and 2021, Springboard has presented 166 projects, and so far six have appeared on cinema screens or on television.
CARTOON events in 2022 include:
- Cartoon Movie | March 8-10 | Bordeaux, France | Feature films.
- CartoonNext | April 12-15 | Marseille, France
- Cartoon Forum | September 19-22 | Toulouse, France | TV series.
- Cartoon Springboard | October 25-27 | Madrid, Spain
- Cartoon Business | November 15-17 | Gran Canaria, Spain | Growth & development strategies.
Visit the recently redesigned official website www.cartoon-media.eu for more information.