Digital-first family entertainment studio Pocket.watch announced its 2021 content slate, the studio’s largest to-date will increase their available content library to 300+ hours of original programming; over 1,600 episodes; and more than 19,000 minutes produced for distribution across premiere OTT, AVOD and SVOD streaming services later this year.
Pocket.watch’s approach to content aligns with its mission of “being everywhere kids are,” while consciously ensuring its programming is a reflective representation of its diverse global audiences. As one of the largest independent kids and family studios producing digital content today, pocket.watch’s sizable library, along with its distributed production capabilities, allowed for the studio to meet the rising demand of kids’ content, successfully avoiding production hurdles brought on by the ongoing health crisis.
“In four short years, our disruption of the traditional model of kids entertainment has injected the industry with dynamic, entertaining, and educational kids and family content on the pulse of what kids today want,” said Albie Hecht, Chief Content Officer, pocket.watch. “Our franchises reach a massive audience and pocket.watch takes seriously its responsibility to accurately represent the global community we serve, and the 2021 content slate is reflective of that. We are very proud to be working with diverse groups of creators and professionals to produce original pocket.watch’s content.”
Extending its partnerships with leading OTT and AVOD streaming services Amazon, Roku and Hulu, pocket.watch will be distributing new seasons of its successful Ultimate Mishmash series, comprising repackaged content from its biggest creators such as KidsDianaShow, Karina Garcia, EvanTubeHD, JillianTubeHD and the Onyx Family. The company also announced Amazon Kids+ will be offering a new season of animated series Onyx Monster Mysteries in October 2021.
On the heels of the viral success of season one of Love, Diana, which launched last summer with the franchise series and content generating over one billion views on YouTube and millions of views across more than a dozen OTT streaming services, the company has greenlit a second 32-episode season of the animation/live-action hybrid series, as well as threespecials to be released this year.
Pocket.watch will also be bringing more Ryan’s World to audiences through specials and a new season of the Emmy-nominated, No. 1 preschool show Ryan’s Mystery Playdate to Nickelodeon.
Further pocket.watch originals now in development and production:
- Lilly Singh’s Proud Princess – an animated short film that centers around a young girl discovering pride in her true identity. The film is currently in pre-production.
- Misprints – series that follows Lucky Parker, a Misprint in a world where everyone is printed perfectly. Our happy-go-lucky hero turns his physical challenge on its head when he and his Misprints Crew approach every middle school situation with blind optimism.
- Rosanna Pansino Magic Food Truck – an animated series starring YouTube’s No. 1 food personality Rosanna Pansino and her cooking utensil friends flying around the world in her Magic Baking Truck, serving up help and learning about local food.
- For The Win! – live-action competition series for kids 7-12 where Gen Alpha’s favorite YouTubers will battle it out in video games while simultaneously undergoing physical challenges.
- Dani & the Weeds – an animated musical series for kids 5-8 that introduces Dani Lyons, a cheerful, often hyperactive, young dandelion with a personality as sunny as her petals, who is determined to bring the young weeds and the flora of Plentiful Petals Academy together.