The swashbuckling samurai/shoujo anime Fena: Pirate Princess is ready to hoist sails and steer for screens around the world. The journey begins Saturday, August 14 with a two-episode premiere on Crunchyroll and Adult Swim. The half-hour series, created and directed by Kazuto Nakazawa and animated by Production I.G, will air dubbed in English on Adult Swim in North America, and stream worldwide outside Japan on Crunchyroll.
Fena Houtman remembers little about her childhood. Orphaned and raised as a servant in a brothel, her life changes when she escapes to an island of pirates where she discovers the truth behind her family. With Fena being the only one able to unlock her family’s secrets, and a formidable crew of female pirates on her tail, she must take her place as captain of her samurai crew for a high seas adventure!
The English cast includes:
- Brittany Cox as Fena Houtman: A positive, cheerful orphan despite her traumatic past. Known for her pale skin and glowing silver hair.
- Robb Moreira as Yukimaru: The introverted, katana-wielding bodyguard of the Houtman family. He is extremely protective of Fena.
- Nicholas Corda as Shitan: This handsome, elite warrior can kill with his bow and arrow — or his looks. Though on the surface he seems aloof, he greatly values his friends.
- Anjali Kunapaneni as Karin: Raised by a family of blacksmiths, Karin geeks out over technology like her rifle, which she uses to great effect in battle.
- Brandon Winckler as Enju: Kaede’s elder twin. They both use a spear and wakizashi in battle, they’re both friendly and mischievous, but Enju feels he’s more dependable than his younger brother.
- Darrel J. Delfin as Kaede: Enju’s younger twin. They both use a spear and wakizashi in battle, they’re both friendly and mischievous, but Kaede feels he’s more manly than his elder brother.
- Alan Lee as Tsubaki: The oldest and most mature member of the group, he manages everyone’s wild energy. He’s also the cook, but when he fights, he uses a short ninja sword.
- Thomas E. Wynn as Makaba: This mountain of a boy prefers fighting in close quarters with brass knuckles. When he’s not fighting, he’s kind-hearted and mild-mannered.
- Frank Todaro as Salman: An older knight who was once called “Salman the Onslaught” for being so deadly with a spear. He’s known Fena since she was a girl as he served the Houtman family for some time.
- Doug Stone as Otto: Another older knight who served the Houtman family and possessed an intimidating nickname in his younger days— “Otto the Blitz,” for his quick swordplay.