Tubi, a division of FOX Entertainment, announced it will exclusively premiere the massively popular Anpanman franchise from TMS Entertainment to English- and Spanish-speaking audiences.
Starting with 10 movies, the first of which (Apple Boy and Everyone’s Hope) is now available, anime fans in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico will be introduced to the beloved superhero and his world of friends, which holds the Guinness World Record for most characters in an animated franchise. With five dedicated museums, Anpanman is the most popular character among both boys and girls in Japan.
Anpanman – whose head is an anpan, a popular Japanese pastry – is a champion of justice who flies anywhere to help those in trouble, all the while keeping an eye out for his trusty nemesis, Baikinman (“bacteria man”).
“Anime fans of all ages can now enjoy the Japanese phenomenon Anpanman in English and Spanish for the first time ever,” said Adam Lewinson, Chief Content Officer, Tubi. “We can’t wait for viewers to meet Anpanman and his lovable enemy Baikinman as they join our iconic roster of characters on Tubi Kids.”
Anpanman will be voiced by Ghia Burns (Betty en NY, Un Poquito Tuyo, La Doña, Decisiones) in English and Cristina Hernandez (Hello Kitty, Powerpuff Girls Z, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon) in Spanish. Anpanman’s foe Baikinman will be voiced by Jason Michael Kesser (The King’s Avatar: For The Glory, Gintama, A.I.C.O Incarnation) in English and Eduardo Garza (Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bleach, Zatch Bell!) in Spanish.
The Anpanman slate of films coming to Tubi includes:
- Apple Boy and Everyone’s Hope – Apple Boy longs to be a hero, when a witch turns the fruit in his beautiful village into poison. He must find a magic seed. Anpanman to the rescue!
- The Adventure of Happie – When Anpanman’s new apprentice Happie is swayed by Baikinman, Happie’s whole village is in danger. Anpanman must set him straight, before all is lost.
- Star-Spirited Dollie – When Anpanman saves Dollie, she gains life and just wants fun, even if it means bothering others. Meanwhile, Baikinman tries to build the strongest mold robot to defeat Anpanman.
- Purun, the Soap Bubble – Purun cannot make big bubbles, and skips performing. Anpanman must help her rid the palace of Baikinman and his creepy bubbles.
- The Secret of Fairy Rin-Rin – When Baikinman tricks the fairy Rin-Rin who protects the flower that gives Anpanman strength, everyone must go on a journey to find more flowers.
- Blacknose and the Magical Song – An orphan Cana raised in darkness by evil Blacknose tries to destroy the joys of singing, dancing, and yummy food. Can Anpanman make the kid see the light?
- Revive Banana Island! – Clouds and cold may ruin all the sweet fruit on Banana Island, but queen Banna refuses to ask Anpanman for help, while Baikinman goes to Banana Island in search of the legendary Giant Banana.
- Nanda and Runda from the Star of Toys – The selfish princess Runda, accompanied by a kind robot Nanda, loses her wand that turns things into toys and needs Anpanman’s help to find it.
- Shine! Kulun and the Stars of Life – Before the annual Star Festival, the mysterious Kulun pops out of Baikinman’s garbage bin and black stars fall, threatening life on Anpanman’s world.
- Twinkle! Princess Vanilla of Ice Cream Land – In a land where an ice cream castle rises from snowy mountains, Anpanman must help Princess Vanilla learn an urgent lesson to save her kingdom.
Anpanman joins the Tubi Kids library of children’s content – nearly 2,000 age-appropriate movies and TV shows or over 8,000 hours of content – including Barney, Scooby-Doo, VeggieTales, Superman, Batman, LEGO Ninjago, Sonic the Hedgehog, Strawberry Shortcake, Paddington Bear, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Garfield, The Wiggles and many more.