Following its successful Japan and Mexico releases, the highly-anticipated, 13-episode anime series Godzilla Singular Point is making its global premiere June 24 on Netflix. Following the success of the anime films Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater, the all-new original series is directed by Atsushi Takahashi (Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi).
Brought together by a mysterious song, a grad student and an engineer lead the fight against an unimaginable force that may spell doom for the world… Godzilla Singular Point is an original anime series featuring character designs by Blue Exorcist’s Kazue Kato and a new Godzilla design from legendary Ghibli animator Eiji Yamamori.
Anime studio Bones (My Hero Academia) in partnership with studio Orange (Beastars, Land of the Lustrous), serve as series producers, combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
In addition to director Takahashi, the creative team includes Kan Sawada, composer for countless Doraemon films and series such as Yowamushi Pedal; Japanese science-fiction novelist Toh Enjoe, making his TV debut as editor and writer for the series; Kazue Kato, creator of the hit comic Blue Exorcist (currently serialized in Jump Square), will serve as the character designer; and animator Eiji Yamamori, who has worked on Studio Ghibli films including Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and The Wind Rises, will do the Kaiju design.
- Episode 1: Jacks-of-all-trades Yun and Haberu investigate sounds emanating from an empty mansion. They locate the source nearby, while Mei hears the same tune.
- Episode 2: Yun, Goro and their robot Jet Jaguar clash with a hostile pterosaur-like kaiju, Rodan. Mei travels to Tokyo to meet with a world-renowned researcher.
- Episode 3: A legion of Rodan swarm towards Nigashio. The Otaki Factory crew scramble to lure them away from the city, but soon find themselves surrounded.
- Episode 4: Yun and Haberu deduce that Misakioku may be linked to the Rodan incursion. Mei attends Li’s lecture in Dubai, where the professor reveals new material.
- Episode 5: Salunga emerges from the depths of the Upala research station shrouded in red dust. Meanwhile, Yun observes Anguirus exhibiting an uncanny ability.
- Episode 6: Mei discovers a mysterious code in Professor Ashihara’s research. The Otaki crew confront Anguirus as part of the city’s extermination efforts.
- Episode 7: Following a group of Manda, a giant kaiju makes landfall in Tokyo. Red dust forces Mei and Professor Li’s flight to London to divert to Milan.
- Episode 8: Ground forces under the command of Matsubara respond to Godzilla’s attack on Tokyo. Now in London, Mei attempts to decipher Ashihara’s research.
- Episode 9: Godzilla continues to advance on Tokyo, covering the city in red dust. The Otaki crew rushes to rescue a person ensnared by spider-like kaiju.
- Episode 10: Back at Ashihara’s mansion, Yun and Haberu attempt to decipher the professor’s research using Jet Jaguar. In India, Lina takes Mei to meet with BB.
- Episode 11: Before heading to the Super Dimension Calculator, BB offers Mei a view of the Singular Point. The Otaki crew leave for Tokyo to destroy Godzilla.
- Episode 12: Mei learns of a large explosion triggered by Ashihara’s calculator long ago. Kanoko gives Matsubara the Orthogonal Diagonalizer to use against Godzilla.
- Episode 13: Mei, BB and Pelops II attempt to prevent the Catastrophe, but Salunga ambushes them. Meanwhile, the Otaki crew make their final push toward Godzilla.