American Cinema Editors (ACE) has announced the nominations for the 73rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards, recognizing outstanding editing in 14 categories of film, television and documentaries. These include honors for animated feature films and animated television series.
This year’s special honors will go to Gina Prince-Bythewood (ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year Award), Lynne Willingham, ACE and Don Zimmerman, ACE (Career Achievement Awards).
The winners will be announced live during the ACE Eddie Awards on Sunday, March 5 at UCLA’s Royce Hall. You can see the full list of nominees at americancinemaeditors.org.
BEST EDITED ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
(Theatrical or Non-Theatrical)
- The Bad Guys — John Venzon, ACE
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio — Ken Schretzmann, ACE; Holly Klein
- Marcel the Shell with Shoes On — Dean Fleischer-Camp, Nick Paley
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish — James Ryan, ACE
- Turning Red — Nicholas C. Smith, ACE
BEST EDITED ANIMATED SERIES
- Big Mouth “Dadda Dia!” — Felipe Salazar
- Bob’s Burgers “Some Like It Bot Part 1: Eighth Grade Runner” — Jeremy Reuben, ACE
- Love, Death + Robots “Bad Travelling” — Kirk Baxter, ACE