Warner Bros. Discovery is back in the big city for New York Comic Con this year, with fan-favorite shows, comics and more from across the combined divisions of the company, with a series of panels, activations and screenings from Thursday, October 6, through Sunday, October 9. And of course, a number of eagerly awaited animated titles will take to the stage.
Coming to streaming and TV screens: HBO Max will share the first episode of Warner Bros. Animation’s Velma, with executive producer/voice star Mindy Kaling. Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation roll into New York with Cartoonito’s Batwheels, with a special cast and crew panel and screening featuring the premiere of two never-before-seen episodes. Plus, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim bring legendary creator Genndy Tartakovsky with President of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network & Boomerang Michael Ouweleen together for a conversation about what’s next for animation. Plus stay for the U.S. premiere of Tartakovsky’s next project Unicorn: Warriors Eternal.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will unveil three dynamic new animated films at New York Comic Con with world premieres and panels of Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm, Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons and Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind. There will also be a special screening of Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind; info on how to apply for tickets can be found below.
Animation on the Main Stage
- Velma – From Warner Bros. Animation, Velma is an adult animated comedy series telling the origin story of Velma Dinkley, the unsung and underappreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang. An original and humorous spin that unmasks the complex and colorful past of one of America’s most beloved mystery solvers. Join executive producer Mindy Kaling, who voices Velma, along with showrunner Charlie Grandy and special guests for a sneak peek at the first episode. Thursday, October 6, 3:30 p.m.
- Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm– Be among the first to experience the all-new mystery-adventure feature-length film based on the famed Adult Swim series when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents the World Premiere of Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm. The R-rated film features everyone’s favorite rascals, the Aqua Teens: the brainy Frylock, the mouthy Master Shake, the loveable Meatwad, and everyone’s favorite perverted neighbor, Carl, as they split up then get back together to fight everyone’s favorite corporate overlord, Amazin, led by everyone’s favorite tech mogul, Neil and his trusty scientist sidekick, Elmer. In addition to the screening, filmmakers and key cast members will hold a panel discussion, including audience Q&A. Thursday, October 6, 8:30 p.m.
- Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons – Witness the unveiling of Warner Bros. Animation’s first-ever all-CG animated, feature-length film when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents the World Premiere of Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons. Ahhhh, to be young…and charged with saving the world from impending doom! That’s the burden that 11-year-old Jonathan Kent and reluctant young sidekick Damian Wayne face in this all-new DC Animated Movie. On his birthday, Jonathan Kent learns his dad is Superman and that he has latent superpowers of his own! He also meets the legendary Dark Knight and current Boy Wonder, Damian. But when the two boys are forced to team up to protect their loved ones from a hostile alien force, will they become the Super Sons they’re destined to be? Following the screening, filmmakers and key cast members will hold a panel discussion, including audience Q&A. Friday, October 7, 3:30 p.m.
- Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment marks the 30th anniversary of the blockbuster Mortal Kombat video game series with an inside look at the making of Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind, the third in a series of MK-inspired feature-length animated films. Snow Blind finds vicious, power-mad Kano determined to take over Earthrealm, one soul at a time. Assisted by a trio of cold Black Dragon mercenaries, he embarks on a brutal assault from town to defenseless town. The choice is simple: kneel or be annihilated. But when the cocky and talented but undisciplined Kenshi doesn’t take a knee, Kano and his clan destroy the young warrior, taking his eyesight and his confidence. Under the tutelage of reluctant, retired Kuai Liang, the only one powerful enough to challenge the malevolent Kano, Kenshi finds renewed hope and a clear path to redemption. But will it be enough to stop Kano from decimating all of Earthrealm? The presentation will include thrilling film clips and an entertaining panel discussion amongst filmmakers and key cast members. Saturday, October 8, 3:30 p.m.
- An Animation Journey with Cartoon Network and Adult Swim – Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have dominated the animation space for decades, creating millions of fans along the way. Sit down with legendary creator Genndy Tartakovsky, who grew his career at Cartoon Network and expanded Adult Swim’s slate with his Emmy Award-winning series Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal and upcoming launch of Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, which presents its U.S. premiere screening at NYCC. Also joining the conversation is Michael Ouweleen, president of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang, who helped define these animation powerhouses from the beginning. Together the two will discuss then, now, and next. What does it mean to ignite audiences, cultivate nostalgia, and innovate in an evolving animated landscape? Find out what’s in store for animation lovers of all ages as Cartoon Network reflects on the last three decades and Adult Swim continues to celebrate the surreal and defy expectations. Sunday, October 9, 12:45 p.m.
More WBD Animation at NYCC
- Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo Screening – Don your Halloween costume and celebrate the spooky season with Scooby and the Mystery Inc. crew! Join us for an exclusive Scoobtober treat (no tricks, we promise) — the premiere screening of the all-new animated adventure, Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! Enjoy games, goodies, giveaways and more! Friday, October 7, 5:15 p.m.
- Batwheels – The newest heroes of Gotham City are rolling into New York Comic Con for a special panel and screening featuring the premiere of two never-before-seen episodes of Batwheels. Join co-executive producer Michael G. Stern and supervising producer Simon J. Smith along with voice cast Jacob Bertrand (Bam the Batmobile), Xolo Maridueña (Snowy the Snowcrawler), Lilimar (Batwing the Jet Plane), and AJ Hudson (Robin) for a look under the hood of DC’s first-ever Batman preschool animated series coming soon to Cartoonito on Cartoon Network and Cartoonito on HBO Max. Sunday, October 9, 11:15 a.m.