In partnership with WarnerMedia Access, the Rooster Teeth Digital Creators Program provides historically underrepresented digital talent a platform to break through to new audiences while also providing the tools and opportunities to succeed as digital creators. Eight aspiring creators will receive paid mentorship and training from Rooster Teeth over a three-month period this fall, including a one month residency in Austin (with housing and stipend provided).
This immersive program goes beyond independent content creation to give participants valuable experience working as part of a team on professional video sets, sponsored productions and more. At the end of the three months, the creators will have a chance to meet with industry executives from across all of WarnerMedia’s brands — and will be eligible for a one-year Rooster Teeth talent contract.
The program is open to creators with a passion for sports, pop-culture, comedy, gaming and animation from the U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia. Applicants should have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers/followers but no more than 300,000, and a minimum of 1,000 downloads per episode for podcasters, across all platforms. Eight participants will be selected for the annual program by a panel of Rooster Teeth executives, in partnership with the WarnerMedia Access team and executives across the WarnerMedia content portfolio.
The program will last three months, with two months of virtual session, followed by a one-month mentorship & technical training apprenticeship on-location at Rooster Teeth’s studios in Austin, Texas. The curriculum will focus on:
- Branded Content: Partnerships and Creative Development
- Scripted Content: Comedy Writing Workshop & Improv Training
- Podcast Development & Production
- Hosting 101 & Media Training
Participants receive opportunities to appear as guests/on-camera talent in Rooster Teeth and other participating WarnerMedia Productions. Participants choose a track to develop & create content with mentorship from Rooster Teeth and other WarnerMedia creative teams, including the just-announced Advisory Council members:
- Ericka Beltrán (Director, Program & Content Strategy, CNN)
- Samata Narra (SVP, Equity & Inclusion, Content, WarnerMedia)
- Jason Dimberg (VP, Social Strategy & Content, Warner Bros. Global Brands and Experiences)
- Jennifer Dill (VP, Esports, Turner Sports/ Bleacher Report)
- Geoff Ramsey (Co-Founder & Creative at Large, Rooster Teeth)
- Barbara Dunkleman (Creative Director, Rooster Teeth)
Aspiring creators can now apply for the program via this link.