Today, Prime Video revealed the delightfully unhinged trailer and key art for The Boys Presents: Diabolical, the eight-episode animated anthology series set in the universe of the Emmy-nominated hit The Boys, which will premiere all episodes on March 4 exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
Joining the previously announced voice cast are Kimberly Brooks, Nicole Byer, Frances Conroy, Asjha Cooper, Chris Diamantopolous, John DiMaggio, Jermaine Fowler, Emily Gordon, Grey Griffin, Randall Duk Kim, David Marciano, Xolo Maridueña, Dominique McElligott, Caleb McLaughlin, Colby Minifie, Eugene Mirman, Retta, Kevin Michael Richardson, Somali Rose, Parker Simmons, Ursula Taherian, Fred Tatasciore, Sean Patrick Thomas, Angela Marie Volpe, Gary Antony Williams and Jenny Yokobori.
Awkwafina, Michael Cera, Don Cheadle, Chace Crawford, Kieran Culkin, Giancarlo Esposito, Eliot Glazer, Jason Isaacs, Kumail Nanjiani, Justin Roiland, Seth Rogen, Andy Samberg, Ben Schwartz, Elisabeth Shue, Christian Slater, Kevin Smith, Antony Starr, Nasim Pedrad, Simon Pegg, Kenan Thompson, Aisha Tyler, and Oscar-winner Youn Yuh Jung were previously announced.
(Want to learn more about Diabolical? Don’t miss the April issue of Animation Magazine coming soon!)
The fun-size episodes, running 12-14 minutes and each with its own animation style, will reveal unseen stories within The Boys universe, dreamt up by some of the most creative and bloody brilliant minds in entertainment today. The featured stories are:
“Laser Baby’s Day Out”
- Writers: Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen
- Directors: Crystal Chesney-Thompson and Derek Thompson
- Animation Style: Inspired by classic American animated shorts.
“An Animated Short Where Pissed-Off Supes Kill Their Parents”
- Writers: Justin Roiland & Ben Bayouth
- Director: Parker Simmons
- Animation Style: Inspired by Justin Roiland’s (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites) aesthetic.
“I’m Your Pusher”
- Writer: Garth Ennis
- Director: Giancarlo Volpe
- Animation Style: An homage to the original The Boys comics.
“Boyd in 3D”
- Writer: Eliot Glazer
- Story by: Eliot Glazer & Ilana Glazer
- Director: Naz Ghodrati-Azadi
- Animation Style: Inspired by French comics and animation.
- Writer: Awkwafina
- Director: Madeleine Flores
- Animation Style: Inspired by Saturday morning animation imports.
“Nubian vs Nubian”
- Writer: Aisha Tyler
- Director: Matthew Bordenave
- Animation Style: Anime inspired.
“John and Sun-Hee”
- Writer: Andy Samberg
- Director: Steve Ahn
- Animation Style: Inspired by Korean drama and horror.
“One Plus One Equals Two”
- Writer: Simon Racioppa
- Directors: Jae Kim and Giancarlo Volpe
- Animation Style: A darker take on American superhero animation.
The Boys is based on The New York Times best-selling comic by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson and was developed by executive producer and showrunner Eric Kripke.
The Boys Presents: Diabolical is executive produced by Simon Racioppa, Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Weaver, Neal H. Moritz, Pavun Shetty, Ori Marmur, Ken F. Levin, Jason Netter, Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson, Michaela Starr, Loreli Alanís, Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, and Ben Kalina. The Boys Presents: Diabolical is produced by Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television Studios, with Titmouse, Kripke Enterprises, Original Film, and Point Grey Pictures.