Shotgun Software announced the latest edition of its flagship cloud-based review and production tracking software Shotgun 7.0 at SIGGRAPH this week. The tool is focused on solving collaborative review challenges at studios, making it easier for team of all sizes to upload, share, view and track media on a single platform. The latest update expands Shotgun’s review capabilities by introduction editorial cut data into the review process, enabling teams to view their work at any time in context with the latest cut.
“VFX and animation studios need to constantly view their latest work in context of the cut, and yet editorial makes continual changes throughout the project” says Don Parker. “Keeping up with this process manually takes way too much time and can lead to frustrating delays and mistakes. This release is a major step forward, helping teams understand what has changed and allowing artists and supervisors to look at their work in context of the latest cut, both in our web player and on the desktop with RV.”
Shotgun 7.0 feature highlights include:
- Import Cut: Editorial information is quickly published to Shotgun, summarizing changes that can be shared with anyone on the project.
- Play Cuts Anywhere: With one click, watch the full cut either in the browser or in the Shotgun RV desktop player. Powerful filtering tools control which shot versions show up in the cut, such as “latest,” “latest animation” or “latest approved.”
- View any Shot in a Review Session in Context of the Cut: Teams working through shot versions in review sessions can seamlessly switch between viewing the shot in the review playlist and viewing the shot in the context of the cut.
- Track Overlapping Cuts: Quickly access a full history of all cuts on a project, including overlapping cuts such as :30, :60, :90 cuts on commercial projects, or both sequence and trailer cuts on film projects.
- API Ready: A new data model tracking the cut data is fully exposed in Shotgun’s API so studios with development resources can integrate with their pipelines.
Shotgun 7.0 will be demoed at SIGGRAPH 2016 in booth 337, July 26-28. Priced at $30 per account per month with “Awesome Support,” or $50 with “Super Awesome” support. Request a trial at shotgunsoftware.com/signup.