A special musical treat is in store for attendees of this year’s D23...
OptiTrack’s Motive Aims to Simplify Mo-Cap Workflow
Motion-capture provider OptiTrack today announced the launch of Motive, a unified software platform designed to simplify motion-capture workflows.
Motive is designed to deliver cleaner motion data, enable larger capture volumes and can be tailored to meet a full range of production studio and research facility needs. It also provides a high-performance solution for data management and processing as well as skeleton solving. When customized with the Motive Body Module add-on, the system delivers simultaneous full body and finger tracking, even in large capture areas.
“We’ve always taken a position that motion capture shouldn’t be so difficult, and it shouldn’t be so expensive,” said Jim Richardson, CEO of OptiTrack. “With the release of Motive, we’re making it easier than ever to integrate motion capture into facilities and productions of all sizes at very accessible price points. Coupled with OptiTrack’s cameras, the highest performers in the industry, we’ve set a new bar for performance in optical motion capture.”
Motive key features include:
- 64-bit, multi-threaded architecture facilitates the tracking of more objects and actors, longer recordings, and support for hundreds of cameras per system
- Body Module add-on provides one-click subject calibration, precision finger tracking (with Flex 13 or Prime cameras) and kinematic labeling for clean real-time output
- System setup has been simplified to reduce prep time by 75 percent and can be handled by a single operator
- Flexible architecture and free SDKs offer users to access data at any stage, providing users a truly open motion capture platform
- New shot management system, with drag and drop asset selection
- Easy export of Motive skeleton to a fully proportioned Autodesk MotionBuilder actor with markerset
Motive is available for $999 and the Body Module add-on is available for $1,499. Existing OptiTrack customers with current software licenses will be upgraded to Motive at no additional cost. Full details can be found online here.