BOXX Technologies has introduced its latest solution for production environments requiring high-bandwidth access to large volumes of content. ServerBOXX is a deskside or rackmountable (8.75″) 5U server built for applications that demand multi-processing performance and considerable system memory.
ServerBOXX is available in dual Intel Xeon or AMD Athlon MP processors.
Additional system features include:
• Up to 14 swappable drives — two media bays that can be configured with
seven hot-swap SCSI drives or seven cold-swap IDE bays
• Up to 2.8TB of disk storage-available in various JBOD or RAID configurations
• Up to 16GB DDR DRAM-the highest levels of memory for increased performance
• Multi-channel PCI-X architecture for maximum I/O bandwidth
• Hot-swap redundant power supplies — allow the replacement of critical components without equipment shut down
ServerBOXX will begin shipping November 15, 2002, with pricing starting at $4,500.