CG and vfx software developer Luxology has announced the release of MODO 701. The company says this new major release of Modo will significantly enhance the modeling, sculpting, animation, effects and rendering workflows and continue to add value with a number of new features.
Over the last year, the development team has listened to a huge amount of customer feedback and subsequently made significant enhancements to the core functionality in this new version. Among the new highlights:
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow.
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life.
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity.
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance.
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders.
- Large scene performance improvements by as much as 175x.
- Preview render synchronization improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes.
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster.
- Unlimited network rendering.
Additionally, following a substantial internal engineering effort and with the assistance of partner, The Foundry, Modo will soon be available on Linux, bringing it to all three platforms.
“We’ve made such big improvements to the existing architecture of the software in MODO 701 that 601 users will notice a huge leap forward,” says Brad Peebler, co-founder of Luxology. “We’ve also added some really cool functionality like the new particle system. This release will truly deliver on the philosophy that perfection comes through refinement. As always, we have pushed the limits and can’t wait to find out what you all think.”
For more info, visit www.luxology.com.