LightWave has announced the arrival of NevronMotion, its new motion capture retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 that supports the popular Microsoft Kinect camera. With NevronMotion, artists and animators can quickly and easily capture, adjust and retarget motion data to 3D models inside LightWave.
NevronMotion extends the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave 11.6 3D software to let artists:
- Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
- Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
- Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
- Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
- Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
- Preset rigs for Kinect and motion capture formats
- Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
“Working with motion capture files in LightWave is now extremely easy with the new tools in NevronMotion,” says Rob Powers, president of LightWave 3D Group. “Not only can artists quickly retarget a motion capture skeleton on LightWave characters, but they can create presets for retargeting to speed up working with custom motion capture libraries. When paired with the Kinect Camera, the real-time performance and motion capture capabilities of NevronMotion make it a real game changer.”
NevronMotion is priced at $299 and is expected to ship Q4 2013. For more info visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy.