The Foundry has released its new application Storm, a workflow product for the Red Digital Camera.
Storm is designed to let creators quickly and easily view and move Red media from the camera to the editorial and post-production phases.
The Foundry said the software offers the following features:
- Use tags to identify and search for key frames or clips, then create user-defined bins based on tagged media.
- Playback in real-time. Make the most of your Red Rocket or lower your playback resolution to retain real-time on a laptop to verify your media.
- Use Storm’s effects, pre-defined looks or your own custom looks to explore cinematographic intent.
- Display and edit multi-track video and audio to compare takes, establish baselines and verify editorial intent. Then make use of Storm’s integration with FCP to edit and then re-conform back in Storm to your original Red media maintaining all looks, tags and metadata references.
- Navigate and grade media via the Artist Color panel to apply effects.
“Storm has been built from the ground up at The Foundry to address a new and growing market,” says Bill Collis, CEO of The Foundry. “We have enjoyed a very collaborative alpha and beta period and believe there is a real hunger for the tools that STORM provides. We look forward to continued input from customers and expanding STORM’s features and role in the market.”
Storm is available now for the cost of $375 and runs on the Macintosh platform with 15-day free trial licenses available from The Foundry at www.thefoundry.co.uk/storm.