Natural environment-creation software maker e-on software has released Vue 5 Infinite, the latest version of its flagship solution for creating, animating and rendering natural 3D environments. Available for Mac OSX and Windows, the release boasts more than 110 new features and product enhancements, including EcoSystem technology designed for easy integration with existing production pipelines that employ Discreet’s 3ds max, Alias Maya, NewTek LightWave, Maxon Cinema4D and Avid Softimage XSI.
“Because it excels both as a final rendering engine and as a cooperative tool for high-end 3D and post-production applications, Vue 5 Infinite is the perfect solution for professional CG designers wanting to include natural 3D environments in their production pipeline,” says e-on software president Nicholas Phelps.
Labeled "revolutionary’ by e-on, the new EcoSystem technology allows graphic designers and animators to populate scenes with millions of animated plants, rocks or other objects.
Other features include:
• Camera and light synchronization with 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya and Softimage XSI for perfectly matching renders.
• G-Buffer and Multi-Pass rendering with fully anti-aliased masks for advanced compositing.
• Multi-layer PSD, RLA and RPF file format support for use with Discreet Combustion, Adobe After Effects, etc.
• Procedural Terrains with sub-pixel detail, whatever the viewing distance.
• Plant editing technology with full export capabilities and animation support for simulating the effects of wind through trees.
• Global Illumination and Radiosity.
• High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) and Image Based Lighting (IBL).
• Baking of indirect lighting and advanced illumination controls.
• SmartGraph advanced function and material editor with full shader customization, advanced time-dependent effects and non photo-realistic rendering.
• Fast, OpenGL-based pre-rendering engine
• Hybrid network rendering of single pictures or animations using RenderCow? technology on Windows and MacOS X.
• AccuShadows advanced shadow mapping technologies.
• Fast Hybrid 2.5D? motion-blur rendering engine.
• Python-based application and scene scripting with full access to hundreds of internal functions and structures for customization and creation of new rendering effects.
• 3D Text, Metablobs, pre-animated meshes, integrated post-processing, camera switching and numerous other productivity and feature enhancements.
A complete product description, a 5′ video presentation and a detailed list of features are available online at www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue5infinite. Vue 5 Infinite retails at $599, but Vue 4 Professional users can upgrade for $149 until March 31. Educational versions of are available at $299 for single user licenses, with site licensing also available.