The Hub has announced five new animated series — including a new series from the creators of Yo Gabba Gabba, an animated version of Warren Buffett, and a Transformers spinoff tentatively called Rescue Bots —and eight returning favorites at its annual upfront presentation to advertisers in New York.
The new original animated series, as announced at the event by The Hub president and CEO Margaret Loesch, are:
- The Aquabats Super Show: From the creators of Yo Gabba Gabba comes this quirky comedy adventure show featuring the popular rock band The Aquabats. A hybrid of concert footage, live-action skits and animation, the Aquabats battle evil with music and superhero powers unlike any seen before. The Aquabats are a touring band with five albums currently released. Produced by FremantleMedia Enterprises and The Magic Store.
- Blythe Loves The Littlest Pet Shop (working title): Inspired by the beloved Littlest Pet Shop brand, Blythe moves to the city and discovers that her new apartment is where her neighbors’ pets come to play when their owners are away. In this animated series, Blythe befriends the pets and introduces them to a world of adventures just outside their door. Produced by Hasbro Studios.
- Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters (working title): In this animated series inspired by the wildly popular trading card game, Duel Masters, a 14-year-old boy discovers a secret world in which mind-blowing creatures rule! These creatures harness special powers that if unleashed, could destroy the world as we know it. It is up to the boy to master his abilities in the ancient art of Kaijudo to protect their world and his own. Produced by Hasbro Studios.
- Rescue Bots (working title): Inspired by the iconic Transformers brand, a group of Autobots, too young to protect humanity alongside Optimus Prime and his team, are partnered with a close-knit human family of first responders. Together, they learn teamwork and heroism alongside their new human friends in this animated series produced by Hasbro Studios.
- Secret Millionaire’s Club: The Hub will air four half-hour specials of Warren Buffett’s Secret Millionaire’s Club, a new animated series created by one of the most successful investors in the world. Warren Buffett is a secret advisor to a group of kids who learn about business and how the world around them works. Through a series of adventures, kids learn basic business principles, and discover that the most valuable investment they can make is an investment in themselves. Created in partnership with and voiced by Buffett. Produced by A Squared Entertainment and Andy Heyward, former CEO of DIC Entertainment.
Overall, the network announced 425 half-hours of new production. “In the short period of time we’ve been a newly branded network, we’ve seen that our strategy of providing quality, engaging entertainment to kids and their families — in an environment where they can watch and enjoy programs together — is exactly the right space for us,” said Loesch. “We have a tremendous advantage with strong, proven brands, and we are working with some of the best creative minds to bring those brands to life across multiple platforms and also to create new properties that will become future brands. The programs that we are announcing today will add strength, dimension and excitement to a schedule that is already resonating with viewers and building an extremely loyal audience.”
The network also announced the return of the following animated series:
- The Adventures of Chuck & Friends (Produced by Hasbro Studios)
- Animal Mechanicals (Produced by Halifax Film, a DHX Media Ltd. Company)
- Dan Vs. (Produced by Film Roman in association with The Hatchery, LLC)
- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (Produced by Hasbro Studios)
- Pound Puppies (Produced by Hasbro Studios)
- Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures (Produced by American Greetings Properties)
- Transformers Prime (Produced by Hasbro Studios)
- The WotWots (Produced by Pukeko Pictures LLP)