Moonscoop is reporting multiple sales of animated programs across Asia in the wake of last month’s Asia Television Forum in Singapore.
“Asia has proven to be a major market for our shows, and last year we signed a significant volume of sales in the region,” says Lionel Marty, president worldwide sales. “We are very pleased to be continuing this momentum in 2011 by kicking off the New Year with a slate of new sales to Asian platforms.”
The deals include:
- In Thailand, Truevisions has picked up Gasp and The DaVincibles and PBS has Chloe’s Closet and the second season of SamSam.
- Malaysia’s NTV 7 has acquired Geronimo Stilton and The DaVincibles and renewed rights for The Fantastic Four.
- PT Crown Entertainment in Indonesia bought TV and home video rights for Hero:108.
- Taiwan’s leading kids channel yoyo tv and Korean IPVOD channel KTH have both picked up Chloe’s Closet.
- Hong Kong IPVOD channel PCCW has also bought season one of Dive Olly Dive for their NOW TV network.
These deals follow up on strong sales to the region made in late 2010, including:
- Korea’s EBS acquired Chloe’s Closet and Geronimo Stilton, while Nickelodeon Korea has signed A Town Called Panic.
- In Taiwan, PTS has picked up SamSam season two, having previously acquired rights to season one and home video, and Christian channel Good TV bought Toddworld.
- In Malaysia, Ava Riko Teo sold to Astro Chinese channel, which already airs Dive Olly Dive, SamSam and ToddWorld, and Indonesia’s leading terrestrial channel PT Indosiar has snapped up Moonscoop duo Pet Alien season one and Dive Olly Dive season two.
These deals in Asia followed a significant package deal to Chutti TV, Sun TV’s kids channel in India earlier in 2010, which saw Chutti acquiring 725 half-hours of programming from the Moonscoop catalog. All deals in Asia were negotiated by Moonscoop’s VP of sales, Grace Lee.