U.K.’s Moviehouse Entertainment is shopping the upcoming animated feature The...
Disney Junior Set for February Launch
Disney has announced its new Disney Junior brand will debut in February on the Disney Channel.
The brand is aimed at children ages 2-7 and will launch content across a daily block of programming as well as via a website, video on demand, mobile and paid download platforms.
Among the new series featured in the brand are:
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates, an animated adventure combining new and classic Disney characters Captain Hook and Smee from Peter Pan
- A series of Disney Poetry Shorts featuring poems for children set against classic Disney animation
- Two short form series, Mickey Mousekersize and Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps, to encourage healthy lifestyles for preschoolers and families
- Babar and the Adventures of Badou, an updated version of the classic Babar, that introduces King Babar’s energetic 8-year-old grandson, Badou
- Tinga Tinga Tales, a vibrant animated adventure inspired by traditional African animal folktales and the art of Tanzania
The brand also will air Playhouse Disney hits Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso and Imagination Movers.
Disney Junior will be available on basic cable in more than 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on 25 Disney Junior channels (currently Playhouse Disney channels) and free-to-air broadcast partners around the world.
Disney Junior also will debut in 2012 as a basic cable and satellite channel in the U.S.