DreamWorks Animation fans will get a chance to connect with some of their favorite characters in an all new way thanks to the launch of its YouTube channel DreamWorksTV, which will combine the studio’s animated brands a roster of A-list vloggers. The channel evolved out of DreamWorks’ acquisition last year of AwesomenessTV, the fastest growing online destination for teens. Programming highlights include family-friendly versions of reality TV, original animated series and vlog posts from fan favorite DWA characters. A scripted series based on Richie Rich will also arrive this summer.
Animated series will include:
- Jimmy Blue Shorts – An animated sketch comedy created by Zach Aufdemberg and produced by Oddbot, hosted by talking jean shorts.
- Gorillaville – A punny slapstick comedy by Ron Yavnieli centers on three havoc-wreaking gorillas.
- Report Card – “Let’s get newsie” with a top flight anchor team of cardboard cut-ups in a stop-motion series created by Jimbo Matison.
- Public Pool – Liquid TV‘s David Fremont created this irreverent ensemble comedy that centers on the crazy characters at Puddleton Public Pool.
- Fifi Cat Therapist – A sassy house-cat tells it like it is to neighborhood animals seeking professional help in this comedy from Mike Blum (Lilo & Stitch).
- Additional series include a curated “best of the web” show Watch This and RetroToons, presenting highlights from the Classic Media library. New original series will launch throughout the summer.