John Siciliano is president and founder of Virtual Persuasion, a design and production studio with a broadcast design and animation division, Vee Pee Cartoons, and a live-action production division, Vee Pee Films. Before founding Virtual Persuasion, Siciliano worked at Nick Digital, a digital animation and FX division of Nickelodeon Animation, NY, and directed and produced animation at Funnybone Interactive Childrens CDs.
1) I realized I wanted to be a professional animator and filmmaker when
I saw my first computer and realized I could stop wanting to be an animator and actually be one. The computer changed everything. You can quote me on that.
2) When I was a kid I
Was always taking things apart. My bike, the lawnmower, the toaster etc
3) My parents wanted me to be
…Able to put things back together.
4) My first job (of any kind) was
Making pizza. Everybody I knew growing up made pizza.
5) My first big break in animation was
Animating click-ables on children’s interactive CDs. The fine art of making inanimate objects come to life in less the 8 colors.
6) My career in animation was most influenced by
The old Hanna Barberra T.V. shows that dominated my childhood.
7) Im most proud of
Being able to say I make cartoons for a living.
8) One thing I would change about the animation business is
It’s constantly changing on it’s own. I’m just glad to be able to at least have a chance to find a place in it.
9) The animated character Im most like is
Bennie from Top Cat.
10) What Id most like to be doing in ten years is
Still being able to say I make cartoons for a living.
11) My favorite cartoon is
Of all time? Can’t say really… How could I pick just one?