Nickelodeon Consumer Products is making a splash at Toy Fair by unveiling new lines of toys for hit animated series SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.
The network will unveil at the trade show SpongeBob toys from Hasbro, Cardinal and THQ, as well as LEGO Group, with which the network announced a multiyear license renewal for construction toys.
“Combining the open-ended creativity of the LEGO brand with the characters and wacky adventures of SpongeBob has proven to be incredibly popular with children of all ages around the world,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing and entertainment for LEGO Group. “We look forward to exploring the ways in which to continue to bring Bikini Bottom to life through LEGO building fun.”
SpongeBob SquarePants products at Toy Fair 2011 will include:
- Two LEGO building sets: Heroic Heroes of the Deep and Glove World
- Games from grom Hasbro , incluing Guess Who?: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition, Yahtzee Jr.: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition and Ants in the SquarePants: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition. Hasbro also has SpudBob SquarePants, a spin on the classic toy Mr. Potato Head.
- Video game maker THQ has SpongeBob SquigglePants, which uses the uDraw Game Tablet for Nintendo Wii. A version of the game also is in the works for the Nintendo 3DS.
- From Cardinal Industries, the SpongeBob 3D Sphere Puzzle.
On the Dora the Explorer side of the aisle are new toys from Fisher-Price and MEGA Brands.
Dora the Explorer products at Toy Fair 2011 will include:
- Fisher Price’s Dora Dress-Up Collection Doll and Dora Dress-Up Collection Fashions, Flower Girl Dora, Dance & Sparkle Ballerina Dora, Suds and Style Fairy Dora, Magical Fairy Dora, Dora Fiesta Favorites Kitchen and the Dora the Explorer Learn Through Music TouchPad Software.
- MEGA Brands’ Dora’s Vacation Adventure, Dora’s Theater Adventure and Dora’s Art Adventure.