Steven Spielberg will exec produce a live-action TV series based on the popular...
‘Wreck-It Ralph’ Arrives on DVD/Blu-ray in March
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit animated feature Wreck-It Ralph gets an early release on HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on February 12, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand release on March 5, 2013, the studio announced today.
Directed by Rich Moore, the Annie and PGA award nominated pic, follows the adventures of 8-bit bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) who embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart, aided by feisty sidekick Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman). Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch also co-star.
Over an hour of all-new bonus material is featured on the Digital and Blu-ray Combo Pack, including deleted and alternate scenes, Disney’s acclaimed theatrical short Paperman, plus much more. The home entertainment debut of Wreck-It Ralph will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the fun-filled movie experience.
DVD Bonus Materials include:
* Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of Wreck-It Ralph – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for Wreck-It Ralph. The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
* Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
* Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
* Paperman – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials includes
* Disney Intermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.