Fox has announced the latest release dates for two of upcoming DreamWorks...
Deluxe Roger Rabbit DVD Coming; 15th Anniversary, Extras-Loaded Edition Available March 25
Winner of four Academy Awards, the groundbreaking live-action/animated classic Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is getting the full treatment this time around with a deluxe VISTA Series 2-disc DVD set and an exclusive VHS bonus edition. The release will be available from Touchstone Home Ent. for the suggested retail price of $29.99 DVD and $19.99 VHS.
Robert Zemeckis (Cast Away, Forrest Gump) directed this comedic romp about a gumshoe detective, played by Bob Hoskins, who teams up with a mischievous cartoon rabbit to solve a who dunnit involving players in Hollywood and Toontown.
The cast features Christopher Lloyd (Hey Arnold! The Movie, Back To The Future), Joanna Cassidy (Six Feet Under) and the legendary vocal talents of Mel Blanc and June Foray. Many classic characters from the Walt Disney and Warner Bros. catalogs also make appearances.
DISC ONE: FAMILY FRIENDLY
• Full-frame version of the film
• Three Roger Rabbit Shorts: Tummy Trouble, Roller Coaster Rabbit, Trail Mix-Up
• Who Made Roger Rabbit — feature on the making of the film • Set-top game: Trouble In Toontown
DISC TWO: FOR THE ENTHUSIAST
• Widescreen version of the film
• Audio commentary with director Robert Zemeckis and fellow filmmakers
• Deleted scene — “The Pig Head Sequence”
• Behind The Ears — in-depth look at the making of the film
• Toontown Confidential – pop-up style trivia
• Set top gallery — “The Valiant Files”
• On Set! – cinema verité look at the making of a scene from the film
• Before and After — featurette look at a scene with and without animation
• Toon stand-ins – how to rehearse a scene for toons
Widescreen 1.85:1 formatted for 16×9 screens
DTS Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
French language track
Spanish language track
Run time: approximately 104 minutes
The exclusive video bonus edition VHS of Who Framed Roger Rabbit will include the Roger Rabbit short Tummy Trouble.