Pocoyo, the popular multiplatform children’s entertainment brand from Zinkia Entertainment, will expand its presence at retail nationwide, offering Pocoyo DVD titles from NCircle Entertainment at new retail outlets Kmart and 7-Eleven, as well as Redbox video kiosks.
“NCircle has been a phenomenal partner in building a strong brand presence for Pocoyo in the U.S. home entertainment marketplace, and we are delighted to continue the expansion of the brand nationwide with these significant retail partnerships,” said Maria Doolan, managing director of brand and business development for Zinkia Entertainment.
“We are very excited by the positive responses we are receiving from retailers on the Pocoyo DVD releases,” said NCircle’s senior VP and general manager Debbie Ries. “It’s clear to us that this brand’s performance in the U.S. is going to surpass our expectations.”
Among its new retail partners, Kmart and convenience store chain 7-Eleven introduce the Meet Pocoyo DVD in May. And in June, the May 3rd DVD release Let’s Party! will be included in Redbox kiosks.
Existing retail partners will continue to expand their Pocoyo line, adding new DVD titles, including:
- Toys R Us stores will feature Let’s Party! in June in its new release fixture; while Fun and Dance and Pocoyo and Friends continue to have out of department placement with the Pocoyo toy line from Bandai.
- Safeway will carry Meet Pocoyo starting from June. The grocery chain first stocked Super Pocoyo in January and February 2011.
- Albertsons/SuperValu stores will feature Meet Pocoyo this summer, and continues to offer Meet Pocoyo and Super Pocoyo DVD titles.
- Kroger Southwest stores continue to carry all of the Pocoyo DVD titles in NCircle’s dedicated in-line space with special signage.
- Nordstrom, the upscale department store chain, continues to offer all of the Pocoyo DVD titles upon street release dates, most recently stocking the Let’s Party! DVD release.
Additionally, Walmart features Meet Pocoyo in its check-lane program; and Sears also carries the brand.