Lucas Film Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have pegged Nov. 12, 2002 as the North American release date for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones on DVD and VHS.
The Episode II two-disc features more than six hours of additional material, including feature-length commentary from George Lucas and the filmmakers, exclusive documentaries and eight never-before-seen scenes.
It will retail for $29.98.
The special edition VHS will include selected deleted scenes and a Star Wars: Connections featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans. The special edition VHS will be priced at $24.98. Consumers can begin ordering Aug. 14.
• Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1) or Full Screen display
• Commentary by Writer/Director George Lucas, Producer Rick McCallum, Sound Designer Ben Burtt, ILM Animation Director Rob Coleman, ILM Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow
• Sound: English Dolby 5.1 Surround EX
• Spanish Dolby 2.0 Surround
• French Dolby 2.0 Surround
• Subtitles: English
• Eight deleted scenes created just for this release, each with introductions from George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
• All-new, full-length documentary From Puppets to Pixels, featuring the creation of digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
• Exclusive documentary, State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II
• All-new documentary Films Are Not Released; They Escape — Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II • Three featurettes exploring Attack of the Clones‘ general storyline, action scenes and love story
• Comprehensive, award-winning, 12-part web documentary series
• “Across the Stars” music video featuring John Williams
• Theatrical teasers and launch trailer, and 12 TV spots
• Theatrical posters and print campaign from around the world
• R2-D2: Beneath the Dome mockumentary trailer
• Never-before-seen production photo gallery with special caption feature
• Episode II visual effects breakdown montage
• DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content