Italy’s popular computer graphics conference View has announced its 2013...
DreamWorks’ ‘Guardians’ Rises to the Top
Santa, Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and the rest of the gang had a great weekend at the box office as DreamWorks’ Rise of the Guardians became the number one international feature, taking in $26 million from 58 territories, bringing its overall cume to $90.5 million after four weeks. Helmed by Peter Ramsey, the movie also climbed back to the No. 2 spot in the U.S., making $10.5 million in 3,639 theaters, bringing its domestic gross to $61.9 million total.
Here are some of the other box office results for animation and vfx-related features for the weekend of December 9th:
- Wreck-It Ralph (Disney): U.S. weekend: $4.9 million; U.S. cume: $164.5 million; worldwide: $215.6 million
- Life of Pi (Fox): U.S. weekend: $8.3 million; U.S. cume: $60.9 million; worldwide: $166.6 million
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 (Summit): U.S. weekend: $9.2 million; U.S. cume: $268.7 million; worldwide: $751.1 million
- Skyfall (Sony/MGM): U.S. Weekend: $11 million; U.S. Total: $261.6 million; worldwide: $918.2 million
- Hotel Transylvania (Sony): Overseas weekend: $3.6 million; worldwide: $301.5 million