Registration is now open for the 2017 VIEW Conference (www.viewconference.it) — Italy’s premiere computer graphics, digital media and games confab. The 18th edition will take place October 23-27 in Torino, welcoming top industry pros including keynote speakers Rob Pardo (World of Warcraft designer), and Bonfire Studios CEO / Baobab Studios Chief Creative Director Eric Darnell (co-director/writer, Madagascar films).
Organizers have also opened submissions for the competitive VIEW Awards, celebrating the best in animation and video games with four competitive categories: Best Short (short film or music video, student or professional), Social Contest (short clip or commercial with social theme), Game Contest, and ItalianMix (animated, experimental or documentary shorts by Italian artists). Submit here by September 15, 2017.
The initial slate of VIEW Conference speakers includes:
– Rob Pardo (Keynote Speaker) – CEO, Bonfire Studios. Renowned video game design career including World of Warcraft.
– Eric Darnell (Keynote Speaker) – Chief Creative Officer, Baobab Studios whose career includes co-directing & co-writing all DreamWorks’ Madagascar films, VR projects Invasion, Asteroids and Rainbow Crow, and more.
– Phil Chen – Co-founder, HTC VIVE. A technology explorer and investor who is Managing Partner of Presence Capital VR/AR Venture Fund and Partner, Horizons Ventures who invest in VR/AR/AI.
– Paul Debevec – Senior Staff Engineer, Google VR and Oscar Winner.
– Kevin Lin – Chief Operating Officer, Twitch.TV.
– Christopher Townsend – Overall VFX Supervisor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.
– Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge of ILM x LAB.
– Mark Osborne – Director of The Little Prince and DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda.
– Kris Pearn – Director of upcoming feature The Willoughbys from Bron Animation, and co-director of Sony Pictures Animation’s Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
– Shannon Tindle – Director/writer, Sony Pictures Animation, Disney, Laika, Google Spotlight Story On Ice.
– Cinzia Angelini – Director of upcoming CG animated short Mila.
– Hal Hickel – Animation Director, Rogue One, ILM. Oscar and BAFTA winner.
– Rob Coleman – Head of Animation, The LEGO Batman Movie, Animal Logic. Two-time Oscar nominee for his work on Star Wars.
– Kim White – Director of Photography – Lighting, Cars 3, Pixar Animation Studios.
– Noelle Triaureau – Production Designer, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Animation.
– Mike Ford – VFX Supervisor, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Imageworks.
– Carlos Zaragoza – Production Designer, The Emoji Movie, Sony Pictures Animation.
– Maureen Fan – Chief Executive Officer, Baobab Studios, VR.
– Larry Cutler – Chief Technology Officer, Baobab Studios.
– Eloi Champagne – Technical Director, National Film Board of Canada, VR.
– Claudio Pedica – Senior Interaction Designer, Sólfar Studios & AI researcher at Reykjavik University.
– Michael Rubin – Founder and Chief Photo Officer, Neomodern.
– David Putrino – Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Director of Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill-Cornell Medical College. Chief Mad Scientist, Not Impossible Labs.
– Victor Perez – VFX Supervisor, Gabriele Salvatores Invisible Boy sequel.
– Francesco Filippi – Director, Mani Rosse (“Red Hands”), Studio Mistral.
– Ed Hooks – Multi-faceted theatrical professional, actor, author and acting teacher.
The 2017 VIEW Conference is made possible with the support of Compagnia di San Paolo, Fondazione CRT, Piedmont Region, Turin’s Chamber of Commerce and the City of Turin, Twith.tv.