Just in time for the Memorial weekend, fanboy favorite Bryan Singer announced...
The World Animation Feature Films & VFX Summit
Toons’ Top Talent and Producers to Converge and Converse on the Future of international Co-production at the World Animation Feature Films & VFX Summit
Set for Oct. 28-31 at the California Yacht Club in beautiful Marina del Rey, Calif., the World Animation Feature Films & VFX Summit will bring together the world’s top talent and dealmakers, giving attendees an invaluable and immediate connection to each other regarding entertainment’s fastest-growing and most exciting industries.
VFX studios and feature producers will explore the future of potential collaborations to move projects through the pipeline toward international distribution deals.
Among the world-class talent scheduled to share their wisdom at the event are:
- From Sony: Rory Bruer, President Worldwide Distribution, Sony Pictures Worldwide; Michelle Murdocca, Producer, Sony Pictures Animation; Michelle Raimo Kouyate, President of Production, Sony Pictures Animation; and Genndy Tartakovsky, director of the hit Sony feature film Hotel Transylvania.
- Scott Ross, a well-known pioneer in the visual effects realm, founded Digital Domain with James Cameron and Stan Winston. Prior to forming Digital Domain he ran ILM, Skywalker Sound, LucasFilm Commercial Productions and DroidWorks. In addition to visual effects, Ross launched Digital Domain Films, a feature film production division.
- Eric S. Rollman, former head of Marvel Animation and founder of Rollman Entertainment. Rollman has built his company into a successful brand-building organization that deals with all aspects of international productions and focusing on children’s and family properties, including Dataquest’s upcoming slate of feature films.
- IP attorney Fred Fierst, Has put together a panel of talented and experienced legal pros who have counseled and represented the producers of dozens of animated television series and films. Fred has handled all manner of negotiations and deals resulting in billions of dollars of sales in the interactive, television, film, toy, publishing and merchandising fields.
- Max Howard, a longtime producer and toon business exec, who will offer a “how-to” guide for submitting animated films for Oscar consideration, and other valuable insights.
Other panels offer cutting-edge insights on vital specific topics from getting an agent, co-production legalities, software innovations, working and surviving in today’s competitive visual effects industry, the ins and outs of international co-productions, writing for the global audience, and much more.
The waterfront California Yacht Club in scenic Marina del Rey, is located just minutes from Los Angeles International Airport. For our international visitors, and closing out the three-day Summit, there will be a guided tour of nearby animation and visual effects facilities.
The World Animation Feature Films & VFX Summit is made possible by the generous sponsorship of The Gotham Group, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Sony Pictures Animation, Los Angeles Animation Festival, ASIFA-Hollywood, ToonBoom, California Offset Printing, Computer Graphics World and Post Magazines.
For complete details on the Summit, including ticket, travel and hotel accommodations, visit the website at www.animationmagazine.net/summit.
Visit animationsummitinvite.eventbrite.com to register for our Cocktail Party on Sunday, October 28, 2012.
See you there!