Fox has announced the latest release dates for two of upcoming DreamWorks...
Stuttgart Festival Solicits Entries for 20th Edition
The Festival of Animated Film Stuttgart is now accepting submissions for its 20th edition, set for April 23-28.
Submissions must have been produced after Oct. 1, 2011, and be entered in one of the following competition categories:
- International Competition (Short film competition)
- AniMovie (Feature-length film competition)
- Young Animation (Student film competition)
- Tricks for Kids – shorts and series (Competition for short films and TV series for children)
- Cartoons for Teens (Competition for short films, series, animes, machinimas and cut scenes from computer games)
Deadline for submitting films is Dec. 1.
Since its foundation in 1982, the festival has developed into an essential event within the field of animated film in Germany and is regarded as one of the biggest and most important festivals for animated film around the world. Around 80,000 viewers and about 2,500 accredited people attended the festival last year.
The high-profile conference FMX will take place in parallel to the festival. With the Animation Production Day – held in cooperation with FMX and organised by Michael Schmetz Mediaconsult – the festival offers an additional marketing platform for the animation sector. Artistic animation films and the support of young talent represent the core of the festival. The various competition programs are endowed with prize money of more than 65,000 euros in total.
For full information on submitting films and the festival itself, visit the event’s website.