The Hollywood trades have weighed in on Blue Sky’s new 3-D CG-animated...
Smith Micro Introduces New App at Comic-Con
Smith Micro has lots of exciting plans for this year’s Comic-Con confab in San Diego next weekend (July 12-15). The graphics group announced that it is planning to release a new comic creation app called MotionArtist and host a “Future of Graphic Novels” panel on July 14th at 7 p.m. (room 4). Fans can also participate in the Smith Micro Really, Really, Really Big Scavenger Hunt and get a chance to take home giveaways and win an iPod touch, Wacom Intuos tablet or iPad at booth #5353.
Aimed at aspiring artists and die-hard comic fans, the Comic-Con panel will get tech-geeky to discuss how all of the latest and greatest technology, apps and tools are influencing the next generation of comic-creation. Panelists include:
- Moderator Harry McCracken, Editor for TIME’s Techland, founder of Technologizer
- Doug TenNapel, Creator of Earthworm Jim
- Olivia d’Abo, Actress, known for her role as Star Sapphire in DC’s latest animated feature, Justice League: Doom
- Brian Haberlin, Co-creator of the Witchblade franchise
- Steve Yatson, Senior Director of Productivity and Graphics Smith Micro Software
- Mike Norton, Creator of the popular Runways, Gravity comics
- Daniel Cooney, Comic writer / illustrator of Valentine
Fill-in-the-Word Balloon Contest
Stop by the Smith Micro booth (#5353) to play the Fill-in-the-Word Balloon contest anytime during exhibit hours. Come up with the best caption and win one of two iPods. Drawings will be held at the Smith Micro booth 4:00 PM on Sunday July 15th – winners need not be present to win.
Smith Micro’s Really, Really, Really Big Scavenger Hunt
Grab the game rules at the Smith Micro booth (#5353) for our Really, Really, Really Big Scavenger Hunt and play while you cruise the Convention Center. Everyone who completes the hunt will get a free t-shirt and be entered into a drawing to win one of two Wacom Intous tablets or one iPad. Drawings will be held at the Smith Micro booth 4:00 PM on Sunday July 15th – winners need not be present to win.
Smith Micro’s latest Graphics Products include
- NEW – MotionArtist – Digital comic and interactive graphic novel creation. Bridging the gap between your comics and your readers.
- Anime Studio – Cutting-edge tools and techniques to produce popular styles of animated 2D movies, cartoons and cutout animations.
- Poser – The world’s most complete solution for creating art and animation using 3D characters, used by beginning and experienced artists alike.
- Manga Studio – The most popular comic and manga creation software in the industry featuring powerful drawing and coloring tools.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc. – Productivity and Graphics Group:
For more info, visit www.smithmicro.com.