Rooftop Films is looking to blow Brooklyners’ minds with Dark Toons, a screening of animated shorts using a variety of techniques to create everything from optical illusions to existential crises.
The program is set to run May 31 at Industry City, located in Sunset Park at 220 36th St., Brooklyn, NY 11232, starting at 8 p.m. The evening will open with live music from Lydia Ainsworth and includes an after-party.
The program of films:
- Astigmatismo (Nicolai Troshinsky | Moscow | 4 min.)
- In the Air is Christopher Gray (Felix Massie | London | 10 min.)
- The Shirley Temple (Daniela Sherer | UK | 10 min.)
- The Obvious Child (Stephen Irwin | 12 min.)
- Mooon (James Kwan | 6 min.)
- The Caketrope of Burton’s Team (Alexandre Dubosc | France | 2 min.)
- Pandas (Pandy) (Matus Vizar | 12 min.)
- Le labyrinthe (Mathieu Labaye | 9 min.)
- Me + Her (Joseph Oxford | California | 12 min.)
- Baths (Tomek Ducki | Poland | 4 min.)
- Coda (Alan Holly | 9 min.)
More info on the films and tickets for the event ($13) can be found online at www.rooftopfilms.com/2014/schedule/dark-toons-short-films/.