The Ottawa Intl. Animation Festival (OIAF) has announced that Adam Elliot, Chris Sullivan, and directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 will be part of the exciting fest’s lineup this year, which takes place September 18th-22nd.
This year’s special screenings include:
- A sneak preview of Sony Pictures Animation’s Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, followed by a Q&A session with directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn.
- “Mary, Max, and the Misfits”, a series of screenings of Oscar-winning Adam Elliot’s work including his short films and the highly acclaimed Mary and Max (2009). Elliot will be attending and is available for interviews.
- Screening of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Get a Horse! featuring old footage of Mickey Mouse voiced by Walt Disney himself. Director Lauren MacMullen will be hosting a Masterclass during the festival.
- Screenings of Chris Sullivan’s work including the critically praised Consuming Spirits and a selection of his shorts. Sullivan will be in attendance.
- A retrospective screening of the late Gerrit Van Dijk’s most notable works. Cilia Van Dijk, his wife, will be in attendance.
- “Spanish Snipers”, presented by the Embassy of Spain, is a program curated to celebrate the richness of independent Spanish animation.
- “Welcome to Kanata”, a screening demonstrating the talent of indigenous filmmakers.
- “The Kids are Alright”, a retrospective screening showing the promising work of students from previous editions of the festivals. Work from Alison Snowden, Suzie Templeton and Michael Langan will be showcased.
The Ottawa International Animation Festival is one of the world’s most competitive festivals. This year the festival received a total of 1926 entries from 76 different countries. Of those, 98 short films and 9 feature films were chosen for competition. In addition, 50 showcase films were chosen to represent the efforts of the Canadian, International, and Student communities.