The new animated Star Wars Rebels series will premiere in the fall of 2104 as a...
Oscars Short-List 10 Animated Shorts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has advanced 10 entries for voting in the best animated short film Oscar race.
The films, whittled down from a list of 33 qualifiers, includes:
- The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger, Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- Coyote Falls, Matthew O’Callaghan, director and Sam Register, executive producer (Warner Bros. Animation Inc.)
- Day & Night, Teddy Newton, director (Pixar Animation Studios)
- The Gruffalo, Jakob Schuh and Max Lang, directors (Magic Light Pictures)
- Let’s Pollute, Geefwee Boedoe, story-design-animation (Geefwee Boedoe)
- The Lost Thing, Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann, directors (Passion Pictures Australia)
- Madagascar, Carnet de Voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary), Bastien Dubois, director (Sacrebleu Productions)
- Sensology, Michel Gagne, director-producer (GAGNE International LLC)
- The Silence Beneath the Bark, Joanna Lurie, director (Lardux Films)
- Urs, Moritz Mayerhofer, director (Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg)
A reviewing committed made the selections after viewing all the eligible entries. The members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch will select three to five nominees from this list to be the official nominees, which will be announced Jan. 25.
The winner will be announced at the 83rd annual Oscars on Feb. 27.