Steven Spielberg will exec produce a live-action TV series based on the popular...
N.Y. Intl. Children’s Fest. Unveils Stellar Lineup
The organizers of this year’s New York International Children’s Festival have unveiled an A-list line-up of acclaimed animated features from all over the world scheduled to screen at the fest (Feb. 28-March 25).
Benjamin Renner’s Cesar-nominated, charming 2D-animated feature Ernest and Celestine kicks off the festival on March 1st at 6 p.m. at the DGA Theater. (A special adults-only benefit event is also planned for Feb. 28 at 6:30 pm.).
Here are some of highlights of the 2013 edition:
- Approved for Adoption (2012) Directed by Laurent Boilea, Jung. (March 10, FIAF)
- The Day of the Crows (2012). Directed by Jean-Christophe Dessaint. (March 2, SVA; March 10, FIAF)
- From Up on Poppy Hill (2012). Directed by Goro Miyazaki. (March 16, FLSC; March 17, IFC Center)
- Hey Krishna (2012). Directed by Vikram Veturi. (March 3, IFC ; March 24, DGA)
- Kirikou and the Men and the Women (2012). Directed by Michel Ocelot. (March 16, IFC; March 24, DGA)
- Meet the Small Potatoes (2013). Directed by Josh Selig. (March 2, March 23, Scholastic Theater)
- The Painting (2012). (English-language version). Directed by Jean-Francois Laguionie. (March 10, FIAF)
- Pinocchio (2013). Directed by Enzo D’Alo (March 16, SVA)
- Wolf Children, (2012) Mamoru Hosoda (March 9, SVA; March 24, DGA)
- Zarafa (2012). Directed by Rémi Bezançon, Jean-Christophe Lie (March 10, FIAF; March 17, DGA)
The festival will close on Sunday, March 17 with a Best of the Fest screening and an awards program. For more information and to secure your tickets for this one-of-a-kind festival, visit www.GKIDS.com.