The American Cinema Editors have announced three nominees for the best edited animated feature, while Canada’s Genie Awards also announced nominees for visual effects and animated short films.
The A.C.E. Eddie nominees for the Best Edited Animated Feature Film are:
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, Michael Kahn, A.C.E.
- Puss in Boots, Eric Dapkewicz
- Rango, Craig Wood, A.C.E.
The 62nd annual A.C.E. Eddie Awards will be presented Feb. 18 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in a ceremony to be hosted by comedian Patton Oswalt.
North of the border, the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television announced five nominees for best animated short film:
- Choke, Michelle Latimer
- La cite entre les murs (Inner City), Alain Fournier
- Muybridge’s Strings, Koji Yamamura, Michael Fukushima, Shuzo John Shiota, Keisuke Tsuchihashi
- Romand, Georges Schwizgebel, René Chénier, Marc Bertrand
- Wild Life, Amanda Forbis, Wendy Tilby, Marcy Page, Bonnie Thompson
The group also nominated five films for achievement in visual effects:
- A Dangerous Method — Dennis Berardi, Mathew Bornett, Mike Borrett, Wilson Cameron, Ovi Cinazin, Jason Edwardh, Oliver Hearsey, Jim Price, Milan Schere, Wolciech Zielinski
- Snow & Ashes — Eve Brunet, Jacques Levesque, Phillipe Roberge
- Cafe de Flore — Marc Cote, Stephanie Broussard, Gary Chuntz, Vincent Dudouet, Cynthia Mourou, Eric Normandin, Martin Pensa, Luc Sanfacon, Sylvain Theroux, Nathalie Tremblay
- BumRush — Geoffroy Lauzon
- Edwin Boyd: Citizen Gangster — Tom Turnbull, Ian Britton, Robert Crowther, Tony Cybulski
The winners will be announced in a ceremony televised March 8 from the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.