Fox has announced the latest release dates for two of upcoming DreamWorks...
MIPJunior Introduces International Pitch Contest
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, international children’s global content market MIPJunior is launching a new competition. Designed to discover the next big brand in kids’ entertainment content, The MIPJunior International Pitch Contest will select projects based on the following:
- Potential for TV and multi-platform brand extension.
- Originality and overall appeal in storytelling techniques, characters, look, story and themes.
- Potential to target international audiences.
- Applicants must hold copyrighted ownership on the material properties participating in the competition.
- Submissions are open to any size of production companies and developers. You can submit either an animation or live action based project.
The six finalists will present their projects in a live pitch session during MIPJunior on Saturday 6 October and will be invited to take part in a “Meet the Jury” session for feedback following the Live Pitch. The Jury will pick a winner to receive a €2,500 value prize and worldwide visibility for his/her project. The deadline for submissions is August 24. Finalists will be announced in mid-September. The live pitch will be held on October 6 at MIPJunior, in Cannes, France.
The Judges for the event are:
President: Andy Heyward, Co-founder and CEO, A Squared Entertainment, U.S.
- Helen Mc Aleer, Chief Global Development Officer, The Walker Books Group and Managing Director, Walker Productions, UK
- Morgann Favennec, Head of Children Programms, M6, France
- Emmanuel Franck, SVP of Filmed & TV Entertainment, Ankama, France
- Anna Rafferty, Managing Director, Penguin Digital, UK
- Brad Schultz, Head of Video, Mind Candy, US
The prizes are:
- A one-on-one meeting with a buyer during the main networking event (7 October 2012)
- Editorial coverage of the winning project in the MIPCOM Daily News (reach: 24,500 industry executives)
- Editorial coverage on MIPJunior web site and on MIPBlog plus visibility through the competitions’ partners
- Free submission of the winning programme to the MIPJunior 2013 Digital Library
- For more info, visit http://www.mipworld.com/en/mipjunior/competitions/mipjunior-pitch/