MarVista Entertainment’s animated preschool series Julius Jr. was the most-screened series at this year’s MIPJunior market in France (Oct. 6-7). Produced by Saban Brands and animated by BrainPower Studio, the 52 x 11 show follows the adventures of a younger version of Paul Frank’s well-known monkey and his friends Worry Bear, Sheree, Clancy and Ping as they explore the magical world of their playhouse. Other toons in the top 10 included Foothill Entertainment’s Boy & The Dinosaur at the number three spot, ABC Commercial’s A Cautionary Tail at No. 4,and Big Bad Boo/PGS Ent.’s 1001 Nights at No.6. Here is the complete Top 10 list:
Top 10 Most Screened Programs at MIP Junior 2012:
1. Julius Jr. [MarVista Ent.] U.S.A
2. Alien Dawn [Fremantle Media Ent.] U.K.
3. Boy & The Dinosaur [Foothill Ent.] U.S.
4. A Cautionary Tail [ABC Commercial] Australia
5. Wolfblood [ZDF Enterprises] Germany
6. 1001 Nights [Big Bad Boo/PGS Ent.] Canada/France
7. Camp Lakebottom [9 Story Ent.] Canada
8. Tip the Mouse [Telescreen BV/M4E] Netherlands
9. Hubert & Takako [Xilam Animation] France
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Viacom Int.] U.S.
MIPCOM Junior International Pitch Winner:
Ooommmm-Mmmooo, Yoga for Children [4Direcciones Audiovisual] Colombia
MIP Junior Kids Jury Winners:
Preschool Shows: The Airport Diary (DPS) S. Korea
Kids 7-10: Chilly Christmas [Crystal Sky Worldwide] U.S.
Tweens: Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid [ULTRA distrib] India
[Source: MIPJunior Press Office]