Frozen and Gravity continued their awards-season runs with victories in the Cinema Audio Society Awards, held Saturday at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
The 50th annual awards gave its top sound-mixing honors to Gravity for live-action and to Frozen for animation.
A complete list of winners follows:
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Motion Picture – Live Action: Gravity; production mixer Chris Munro; re-recording Mixers Skip Lievsay; Niv Adiri and Christopher Benstead; scoring mixer Gareth Cousins; ADR mixers Chris Navarro and Thomas J. O’Connell; and Foley mixer Adam Fil Mendez.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Motion Picture – Animated: Frozen; original dialogue mixer Gabriel Guy; re-recording mixers David E. Fluhr and Gabriel Guy; scoring mixer Casey Stone and Foley mixer Mary Jo Lang.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Television Movie or Miniseries: Behind the Candelabra; production mixer Dennis Towns; re-recording mixer Larry Blake; scoring mixer Thomas Vicari; and Foley mixer Scott Curtis.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series – One Hour: Game of Thrones, “The Rains of Castamere”; production mixers Ronan Hill and Richard Dyer re-recording mixers Onnalee Blank and Matthew Waters; and Foley mixer Brett Voss.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series – Half Hour: Modern Family, “Goodnight Gracie”; production mixer Stephen A. Tibbo and re-recording mixers Dean Okrand and Brian R. Harman.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Nonfiction, Variety or Music – Series or Specials: History of the Eagles – Part One; re-recording mixers Tom Fleischman and Elliot Scheiner.
The winners of the 10th CAS Technical Achievement Awards:
- Production: Sound Devices, LLC – 633 Mixer/Recorder
- Post-Production: iZotope – RX 3 Advanced