Beginning October 18 in select theaters, The Walt Disney Studios will offer a special engagement of Second Screen Live: The Nightmare Before Christmas, an interactive movie-going experience.
Audiences are invited to download the special Second Screen Live: The Nightmare Before Christmas app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-second-screen-live/id705337245?ls=1&mt=8) and bring their iPad to the theater to explore the cult classic from the mind of Tim Burton and become part of the story “like never before, engaging with the film in real time through songs, games and audience participation, including competition between friends and teams.”
Second Screen Live is an all-new Walt Disney Studios mobile application that enhances the theatrical movie-going experience. Unlike the traditional theatrical experience, Second Screen Live is a special screening event for iPad users only where moviegoers are encouraged to “break the rules” and experience a classic film in an exciting new way through gameplay on their tablet device.
Here is the trailer for the special event:
Second Screen Live: The Nightmare Before Christmas will play in the following theaters:
- City Center 15: Cinema de Lux (White Plains, NY)
- Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas (Farmingdale, NY)
- Arclight Pasadena (Pasadena, CA)
- Arclight Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Muvico Thousand Oaks 14 (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- AMC Empire 25 (New York, NY)
- AMC Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
- AMC Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
- AMC Downtown Disney 12 (Anaheim, CA)
- AMC Bay Street 16 (Emeryville, CA)
- AMC Town Center 20 (Leawood, KS)
- Century Huntington Beach and XD (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Cinemark West Plano and XD (West Plano, TX)
- Carmike Thoroughbred 20 (Nashville, TN)
- Carmike 15 (Columbus, GA)
Fans can also take home the 20th Anniversary Edition of the cult classic, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. The special edition was released in stores nationwide on September 10th.